I.IX

Mindless Hopes and Shattered Dreams

~~~~~~~~

"We've been living on a fault line
And for a while, you were all mine
I've spent a lifetime giving you my heart
I swear that I'll be yours forever
'Til forever falls apart"

Ashe and FINNEAS
(Till Forever Falls Apart)

"You could at least pretend not to enjoy this so much" Nixie grumbled, hands straightening out the ungodly amount of ruffles on the bottom half of her dress as she scrutinized her reflection in their bedroom mirror. To say she was less than thrilled about her appearance was an understatement. Not only was she being forced to participate in some mumbo jumbo Casket Girl parade thing, but the dress Rebekah picked out for her was one of her least flattering ones, at least in Nixie's opinion. The dress itself wasn't horrible, but the young Dovers had a very particular style she liked to stick to and this was not it. It took several hours of arguing with the blonde original about the color before Nixie actually won but then she somehow ended up with no say in the appearance. Ya win some, ya lose some.

Klaus' grinning face was hidden behind his canvas, the hybrid's eyes peaking over the top of it every few seconds at his human before his brush frantically scribbled his newest piece. While he knew Nixie was in a sour mood due to the festivities, Klaus basked in the view of her spinning in their bedroom mirror for the last 2 hours giving him the perfect opportunity to pull out a blank canvas and create his newest masterpiece. The back ruffles of her dress were the most time consuming, but the details in them were nothing compared to the delicate strokes he was forced to use when trying to recreate Nixie's reflection. The painting itself was rather simple, yet elegant all the same. Nixie's back was to him, her black curls cascading and nearly blending in with the black of her dress, one arm resting delicately on her right hip while the other held a handful of the ruffles. Her reflection stared back, the only part of the painting where you could actually make out her facial features and Klaus made sure to exclude himself from the finished product, and instead filling in blank space where the reflection of him and his easel would've been. After all... there was only room for one masterpiece in this painting, and his human deserved all the credit.

"You know," he hummed, adding a few miscellaneous lines here and there before resting his brush in water and giving her his undivided attention, "typically wedding dresses are supposed to be white, I don't recall the real Casket Girls wearing anything of this sort.."

"You think I'm getting married in white" Nixie snorted, eyeing him through the reflection with a raised brow, "oh, bless your little delusional heart."

Klaus wasn't all that surprised by this sudden revelation, after all, it was Nixie, she practically owned the rights to the color black. The hybrid didn't dare reveal the sudden flashes his mind decided to conjure on it's own. Visions of her wearing said wedding dress, making her way down the aisle towards him, both grinning like absolute fools while a faceless little girl happily skipped her way in front, flower pedals raining from the basket she carried and innocent giggles echoed within his eardrums... the perfect picture- -

"Hello" Nixie called, waving a hand in front of his face causing him to snap out of whatever daze he had fallen into and her head tilted to the side as his cheeks took on a pink tint, "uh, whatcha thinking about in there?"

Clearing his throat, Klaus shook away the remnants of those thoughts, playfully swatting the hand she used to knock against his skull while simultaneously trying to act as casual as possible, "mm, I'm thinking about how absolutely exquisite you look in this dress" he grinned, hands wrapping around her waist and quickly turning her back to his chest forcing her to face their reflection as his lips suddenly brushed her ear, "and about how ravishing it'd look on this floor."