I.IV

Storms on the Horizon

~~~~~~~~

"She smiled at the stars
like they knew all her secrets."

-J.R.R. Tolkien

Klaus' pacing figure in the back of the restaurant went unnoticed considering it was far too early for anything to be open even in the lively city of New Orleans. With every passing second he found his calm resolve slipping into its usual rage that he nearly unleashed the very second Sophie Deveraux finally graced him with her presence. She hadn't even noticed him yet, her eyes solely focused on the crate of vegetables she had been preparing for her Gumbo and to say she was surprised when a pair of hands snatched her away was an understatement, until she noticed a familiar head of raven locks sitting across from her and she rolled her eyes, looking up into Klaus' expectant glare.

"We had a deal" the hybrid snarled, gesturing towards Nixie's figure on the couch across from them as she proceeded to polish her nails as if neither of them were there, "you protect her and my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army, and whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Nixie to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

The pair glanced over at the woman of the hour who was too focused on her pinky nail to return the gesture and when Sophie finally looked away, she took note of a tic in the hybrid's jaw as he glared at her, "I had nothing to do with it" she denied, "I swear." Sensing his mistrust, she continued, "Nixie and I are linked, remember" she reminded him in hopes of persuading, "she dies, I die."

"Then who were they" Rebekah burst, starling the witch who hadn't even noticed her sudden appearance.

"They're a faction of extremists" Sophie informed with a sigh, "Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby and Nixie."

At the mention of her unborn child and herself, Nixie allowed her attention to sway from her nails and onto the witch who was already staring at her, "what kind of vision?"

"She has them all the time" Sophie waved off, "they're totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

"That's not what I asked" Nixie deadpanned, speaking up before Klaus could even attempt to lose his temper over the witch's babbling.

Sophie's shoulders slumped, the feeling of 3 pairs of eyes on her making her uneasy and she avoided each stare as she spoke, "she pretty much said your baby would bring death to all witches."

"Ah" Klaus' dimples appeared as he straightened up and shot Nixie an excited grin, "I grow fonder of this child by the second."

"Sophie" Rebekah cut in before her brother could rave about his murderous fetus, "look, I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

Despite having heard every word she said, Sophie Deveraux could only focus on one bit of the sentence Rebekah had spewed, "Elijah's talking to Davina?"

"As we speak, I imagine" Bekah waved off, leaning back against the couch with a raised brow at the witch's sudden interest.

Sophie made a face, one that Nixie was rather familiar with herself as the young Deveraux snorted, "I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd."

Sensing her not so hidden hostility, Klaus plopped himself onto the couch beside Nixie, tossing one arm over the back of her while the other made an odd motion, "do tell."