I.V

The Poison Tree

~~~~~~~~

"Pick your poison;" she said.

I choose you.

-Fresco

"I was angry with my friend :
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe ;
I told it not, my wrath did grow.
And I water'd it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears ;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.
And it grew both day and night,
'Till it bore an apple bright;
And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine,
And into my garden stole
When the night had veil'd the pole ;
In the morning glad I see
My foe outstretch'd beneath the tree."

Klaus' gaze practically burned holes into the side of his brother's head, his azure orbs darkening to a stormy gray as he watched his human throw her head back with a joyous laugh due to something the elder Mikaelson had said. Her perfectly manicured fingers rested gently on her protruding belly, occasionally giving the small bump a soft rub which slightly softened the hybrid's bubbling annoyance until he caught his brother watching the motion with what he deemed to be an unwelcome gleam in his serene expression. 'The Poison Tree' rested in his lap, the words he had read only moments prior still fluttering in his occupied skull but they were easily shoved to the back of his mind when he noticed the hand on Nixie's shoulder and he was suddenly in the kitchen, pulling her towards him and out of everyone else's reach much to her surprise and his siblings' annoyance.

"What are you doing" Nixie's amused tone snapped him out of his green haze and he looked down towards her with pursed lips as she tried to bite back a grin.

"Niklaus, now is not time for one of your tantrums" Elijah muttered, ignoring the heated glare thrown his way as he focused his sights on the wolf who had just entered the kitchen, "good morning."

"Morning" Hayley sluggishly greeted, heading straight towards the fridge where she proceeded to pull out the small gallon of milk for the cereal she intended on pouring for herself, "any mass murdering plans today?"

"Actually" Elijah announced, causing everyone's eyes to shoot towards the noble Original with equally shocked expressions, "I think it's time we've dealt with Sophie Deveraux's little linking spell, wouldn't you agree?"

"Uh, aye" Nixie snorted while jokingly raising her hand in agreement, "my life being tied to the witch is one thing, but miracle baby's life force still being attached to mine while I'm stuck with her is another. Anything that happens to Sophie consequently happens to the baby, I'm not okay with that."

"Well, I for one am all for it" Bekah chimed, not a single soul daring to mention the body she was dragging behind her as she made her way towards the back door, "as soon as they're unlinked, we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?"

"Probably no one." Elijah felt the multiple pairs of eyes on him and let out a defeated sigh, "alright, potentially everyone."

Klaus' lips unwillingly tugged into a grin as he tossed his arm over Nixie's shoulder, pulling her towards him, "let's make you some pancakes, love" he offered, "looks like it's gonna be a busy day."