I.VI

All Around Me are Familiar Faces

~~~~~~~~

"He
writes a list
of all the things
he loves about her
in just one word:

                                everything."

  Hands clapped, voices echoes, and drinks were spilled within the rowdy crowd that had taken over Marcel's quarters. Vampires shoved their way to the front of the scene with excited expressions lighting up their faces as they watched the fight from outside the ring, cringing when someone missed a punch and cheering when the sounds of bones breaking met their ears.

Otto and Felicia were front and center, the small female sporting a busted lip and a quickly healing black eye as she bounced back and forth on her heels. Her opponent easily outweighed her by a hundred pounds but her small stature allowed her to move quickly underneath his swings and she smirked when she noticed his growing annoyance and oncoming fatigue as he swung tirelessly. He had finally managed to clip the underside of her jaw causing her to stumble and he wasted no time in slamming her against the mat with a victorious shout, his arms drawing towards the ceiling as he cheered for himself, despite not having actually won yet.

In the end it had been his arrogance that led to his downfall because while he was too busy celebrating an early victory, Felicia had gathered her wits and picked herself back up, muscles flexing as she prepared herself for her hardest trick yet. Snarling, she allowed Otto to turn towards her once he had heard the incomprehensible warning but the second their eyes met, her legs were locking around his neck, his arms shooting up in an attempt to loosen her thighs around his head but with a quick twitch, she had successfully snapped his neck and the crowd went insane.

Marcel smiled gleefully at the victor, secretly admiring the girls moves over the burly vampires arrogance that had caused him to lose, "damn, girl" he bellowed over the cheers, "not bad, not bad at a-

Whatever Marcel was going to say was cut off by a familiar face appearing in the ring behind his victor and the crowd instantly silenced as Felicia's neck let out a nasty crack and her body dropped with a loud thud. The young Gerard's shoulders tensed when a pair of blue eyes stared at him from the center of his vampires, the usual expression of arrogance coating his features.

"Good evening" Klaus mockingly greeted with a malicious smirk, his eyes set solely on Marcel while attempting to keep his boiling anger withheld.. for now, "I'd like a word."

"What do you think you're doing" Marcel practically spat, knuckles tightening around the railing he had been leaning against.

"It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs" another voice spoke from within the crowd, the vampires quickly clearing a path for an approaching Elijah who took his spot beside his brother. He stared up at the face of the boy they once loved as one of their own and yet the feeling of intense fury he was currently withholding outmatched even that ancient sentiment, "we've come here for the girls" he slowly pronounced, the threat in his tone easily distinguished, "give them to us, or. . . we kill everyone here. Starting with you."

Klaus' lips twitched upwards at his brother's words, taking a step closer to the suited Original to show just how serious their threat was.

Marcel couldn't help but scoff at the display, "you two got a lot of nerve coming into my home and making demands," he rolled his shoulders with a dark chuckle.

"Your home, is it" Klaus let out a loud chuckle, mouth opening to spew some form of angry spat but Elijah's raised voice cut him off before he could fall into a tangent.