I.I

Whatever it Takes..

~~~~~~~~

"The eye is always caught by light,
but shadows have more to say."

-Gregory Maguire

  "Feeding my child dust bunnies for it's first meal?"

  Hayley chuckled through her cough, waving away the particles of dust she had inhaled when lifting the tarp off the baby crib while simultaneously shooting the youngest Dovers an amused grin, "you know that 'it' you're referring to is actually called a baby, and if by some chance you're actually right, that baby is a she?"

  Nixie snorted, "of course I'm right" she waved off before glancing around the room they were in, frowning when she realized how long it was going to take to get settled in seeing how nothing in the house had been touched in over a hundred years.

The wolf glanced at her every few seconds, smiling whenever Nixie would touch something only for the dust to assault her nose causing her to let out a sneeze every time. The sound drew the attention of the eldest Mikaelson in the house, Elijah's head peaking around the corner as he made sure the two of them were alright, "everything okay in here?"

"Don't be such a worry wart, 'Lijah" the human waved off his concern, "just a bit of dust, my child's gonna be sneezing it out for the first few months after she comes out but other than that, we're all good." Nixie shot them both a grin, blinking suddenly when she noticed the intense stare down going on between the Original and the wolf and she whistled lowly as she scooted out of the room. Once around the corner, she only made it a few steps before a hand reached out and grabbed her lightly, her green orbs meeting a pair of striking blue causing her to grin.

Klaus playfully rolled his eyes at the goofy expression on her face, dragging her towards him so he could place a kiss on the crown of her head, "how are you, love?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that" Nixie retorted, "I'm fine, really, it's not like I'm the one who's actually pregnant.. anymore."

"Mmm" he hummed, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind and turning her towards the mirror they had been standing next to. He smiled at her reflection from over her shoulder, dragging his hands up her sides until they were placed onto her stomach in a cradling manner, "but your life is still tied to Sophie Deveraux who thinks you are" he murmured against her ear.

Nixie's hands moved to cup his, her head leaning back against his chest as she sighed, "I know.. but the fact that I'm still gonna look like a balloon should sell it. The enchantment will only wear off when my life is no longer tied to hers, it's the best way to keep Hayley safe."

"At the expense of your safety" Klaus moodily reminded, hands falling from her stomach as he stepped back, "the witches focus remains solely on you, putting your life more at risk."

"That's why I have you to protect me" she grinned, fluttering her lashes at him until he could no longer bite back the grin trying to break through and she laughed triumphantly, placing a kiss on the corner of his lips, "see? With my big bad hybrid around, I pity whoever decides to mess with me."

Klaus let out a laugh, ducking his head to place a chaste kiss on her lips as his dimples appeared, "I have a feeling you can take care of yourself" he teased, his hand running along upper thigh until it brushed over the dagger she had hidden, "see?" However, before she could respond, he was already dragging her back into the room where Elijah and Hayley had gotten significantly closer causing Klaus to frown and Nixie to silently clap her hands before the hybrid spoke, "what are we going to do about this coven of impudent witches?