16 | Blazing Black Fire

Start from the beginning

Oak dagger : A weapon forged by witches to kill vampires.

_____

You enter your dorm room to find it empty, your two best friends mysteriously absent. Bewilderment washes over you as you start looking around, searching for any sign of Raya and Alita, but they seem to have vanished without a trace.

After slinging your bag to the ground, you retrieve a book and begin to read, assuming your friends might have gone out to the mall or some other place. However, an eerie chill suddenly creeps into the room, causing you to shiver. Strange sounds, like bushes rustling, echo through the room, seemingly coming from the window area. You turn quickly to check, half-expecting to see someone outside on the tree that's just beyond the window.

"Who's there?" you ask, but your words are met with silence. You sigh, trying to dismiss the feeling of unease, thinking it might be a hallucination or just the wind playing tricks on you.

Your thoughts then drift to the enigmatic man who consistently appears in your dreams. In those dreams, he's a source of fear, but paradoxically, he also feels like your only comfort. However, recently, you've noticed something unsettling behind him in those dreams—a darkness that burns like fire. You couldn't see it clearly; it had no distinct features, only a creepy, smiling presence. It lingered ominously behind the man, occasionally resting its head on his shoulders, while you remained trapped in misery.

Your fear of the darkness in your dreams nags at you. Is it a product of your imagination, fueled by your anxieties and worries?

Suddenly, a voice startles you, making you jump and turn around.

"Raya?" you call out with wide eyes.

"Where were you both?" you ask, curious about their mysterious absence.

"We'll tell you later. For now, let's go," Alita says, taking your hand and pulling you outside.

"Where to?" you question.

"The forest."

______

(CONTINUATION OF PROLOGUE)

"Jungkook, what are you talking about? How can she be here?" Taehyung raises a question with a frown and takes a step toward the older vampire.

"I feel her presence, Hyung. I can feel her. I don't know how, but my heart says that she's here." Jungkook says while a tear rolls down his cheek. He immediately wipes it away with the back of his hand and looks at his hyungs.

"Jungkook . . ." Jimin murmurs, staring at the ground. He felt melancholy. He lost his dear sister, but Jungkook seems to be in a bigger pain because he was being delusional.

"You have to accept this, Jungkook. She can't come back. She's dead." Namjoon reminds, saddened, and looks at Jungkook trying to convince him of the reality.

"You're destroying yourself like this, Jungkook." Yoongi warns with worried eyes.

Hoseok gazes at Jungkook worriedly and with pity. Everyone looks at him with a saddened and pitying expression, and Jungkook shakes his head after seeing their faces. They didn't believe him. They didn't think he was telling the truth.

"No! You don't understand! I feel her presence! My heart says that she's here! She said she will come back. Only for me!" Jungkook pats his chest while his lower lip shakes from being on the verge of bursting out in tears.

"Jungkook..." Jin looks at him in sorrow. Jungkook frowns at him and turns around.

"I understand. I am crazy." Jungkook accepts with his back toward his friends and runs away using his inhuman speed.

Namjoon massages his forehead stressed because of him. Jin sighs, and Yoongi has a frown on his face with Hoseok looking down and a tear escaping his deep eyes.

Taehyung shakes his head and offers, "I will go and find him."

He uses his vampire speed and disappears into thin air.

Everyone silently stood there but . . .

After a moment, Jimin gasps, keeping his hand where his heart was located. Everyone looks at him confused.

"I can feel Raya's presence too." Jimin's eyes start sparkling with happiness. He smiles brightly. His hair shakes because of the night winds making him look a beautiful sight to see.

"Jimin . . ." Yoongi and Jin mutter.

"Do you really feel it?" Namjoon questions.

"Joon, he will start believing it. Stop!" Yoongi shouts, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"No, it's real, Hyung! I didn't believe it when he said that, but now when I feel her presence, I know. He's not lying. My heart says she's here." Jimin brightly smiles, trying to make Yoongi believe him. Yoongi exhales. Jimin turns around and runs after Jungkook using his vampire speed.

[ A/N : there will be flashbacks continuously in the other chapters as well. Most of them will be Jungkook's flashbacks so we get to know the vampire better. Bare with it. ♥️ ]

_______

_______

VOTE