Chapter 5: Yards and Yards of Hotel Rooms

I yawn and sit up. After doing the dishes and frantically searching for my ring, I decided to go to bed. I could barely sleep, I was so freaked out about losing my ring. I don't want James to be mad at me. I love him so much and I don't want anything to tear us apart anymore.

Last night, after my frantic searching, Nathan told me he had a special video planned for today. He told me to dress nice. Like, really nice. Like, him and the boys were wearing suits. He also told me to pack a swimsuit because we were staying at a hotel.

I stumble to my en suite bathroom and get a nice long shower. Making it longer, I shave my legs, too, since I plan on wearing a dress today. I step out and wrap a towel around my body and another around my hair before heading back to my room. First, I pull my hair back into a bun with a few tendrils of hair hanging out so it frames my face. Then, I sit down at my vanity and start my makeup. With a face covered in just enough makeup to make it look natural, plus a smokey eye and red lipstick, I head to my closet to find the perfect dress.

It's a black business style dress with a pencil skirt. It hits me an inch or so above my knee. The top is sleeveless and perfectly hugs me, as well as a blazer. I reach inside my closet again and grab out a pair of black six-inch pumps with an open toe. The inside lining is red so it unintentionally matches my lipstick. I grab a black purse and put in my keys, wallet, and a pair of black frame sunglasses. I head out of my room and down the stairs. No one else is downstairs so I sit on the couch with my phone. 

After a few minutes, I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. The boys are on their way out. Gabe and James come down the stairs. James fixes the cuffs of his suit jacket, and I can't help but stare at him. I've only seen him in a suit a few times, and the sight always takes my breath away. When James see me, I know he can't stop looking at me, either.

"You look," James starts before trailing off. "You look absolutely gorgeous."

"And you look absolutely handsome," I say after standing up. I grab his tie and pull him in for a kiss. I feel him smile into it, and I do too.

"Ugh! No PDA in the living room!" Jordan yells.

We break apart and I see Jordan and Cedrick standing in the doorway. They must have just gotten here.

"Anyway, we ready to go?" Cedrick asks.

"Yeah, I think we are," Nathan says while walking down the hallway toward the rest of us.

"Good. We gotta go now or we'll keep the helicopter waiting."

"Wait," I say turning to James. "We're taking a helicopter to the hotel?"

"Not from here," Nathan tells me as he walks to the front door. "We're driving to giant Landry's and the helicopter will pick us up there. Now, what cars are we taking?"

We all drive to the airport and start walking to where the chopper is waiting for us. I pull my sunglasses out of my purse and slip them on before climbing out of the car. Thanks to Cedrick and Jordan, we have amazing shots of us waiting to board the helicopter. Nathan opens the door for us and we all climb in. We all buckle up and enjoy the view of the Houston skyline. The boys goof off and I laugh at their antics, while keeping a professional sense of authority. Not long after, we land on the roof of the hotel. We all climb out and Nathan kisses the ground. Then, as directed by Jordan, we start walking toward the door.

There, we meet Tilman Fertitta, the owner of the hotel, and the helicopter, and the Houston Rockets. Nathan gives him a handshake to a hug, greeting him as he does so. James and Gabe seem shocked by who is meeting us here. Honestly, I am too. He reaches out for a handshake with James, and James stutters out a greeting.

"H-hello," he says while shaking hands with the important man.

"What is your name?"

"J-James."

"Hey James it's a pleasure."

"And what is your name?" Tilman asks me. I take my sunglasses off before answering.

"I'm (Y/n). It is a pleasure to meet you sir" I say while giving him a firm handshake.

He gives Gabe a handshake before patting him on the back and giving us a goodbye. He heads off to the helicopter we took in and James has a question for Nathan.

"Is he taking our helicopter?"

"Yeah dude. That's Tilman. He owns the helicopter, and the hotel, and the Houston Rockets. So yeah. That's his, that's his helicopter."

We take a moment to admire the view before heading down into our hotel room. When we all see the room, we all freak out. I mean, there's a golf course, a basketball court, and rooms so large that could fit at least three standard sized hotel rooms inside of them. Nathan makes a basket on a basketball arcade game, and we all golf clap for him. Then we turn the corner and see the real basketball court. Both James and Gabe try to make shots, but miss. Gabe blames the flexibility of his suit for his missed shot.

We continue to explore and find the stairs leading to the bedrooms and, nearby, the movie theater. When we go in, we are surprised to find the Unspeakable channel playing. After taking a quick tour of the theater, Nathan decides he wants to see the bedrooms. Until he gets distracted by a gym in our hotel room.

"This is not a little gym," Gabe says once walking inside.

"This is a good sized gym," Nathan finishes off Gabe's statement.

"This gym is bigger than my bedroom," Gabe says, getting lost in all the equipment. 

"We gonna hit some squats tonight bro?" James asks Nathan, somewhat flexing in his suit jacket.

"I'm down."

"Hit one right now."

Nathan tries, doesn't get down very far before standing up and saying he might rip his pants.

"Ok, yeah, no don't don't don't." James shakes his head while Gabe laughs and I try to hide my laugh behind my hand.

"Just imagine what our room looks like," James says before we all start walking that way. 

When we get to a bedroom, we all are in wonderment. There's a kitchen/dining room in one bedroom. There's also a little hangout area and a TV that sinks into the counter top. We walk through a doorway and finally find the actual bedroom portion of this bedroom. Everything about the tour flies by and before I know it, it's dark outside. I find the room I'm sharing with James and flop down after changing into my pajamas.

"Hey Babe," James says walking in.

"Hi Sugar," I grumble back.

"Tired?"

"Yeah."

"Don't blame you. We did a lot today."

"Yeah we did."

There was a pause in the conversation before James speaks up again.

"Hey, I didn't see you wearing your ring today."

My heart starts beating fast. I don't want to lie to him, but I don't want him to know I lost it. "Oh yeah. I didn't wanna wear it today because I didn't wanna lose it."

"Huh."

"Yeah. Nathan told me to bring swimwear and I didn't wanna wear it in the water. And I didn't wanna leave it in the room accidentally. So, I just left it at home."

"Ok then. Well, you'd better get some sleep. See you in the morning."

"See you in the morning, James."