(How it all started) Prologue

Eggman was looking up information in his lair trying to figure out another way to beat Sonic.

"There has to be a way I can defeat Sonic." Eggman said as he came upon information in the world of Splatoon and a city known as Inkopolis.

"Universe of rapidly evolved marine-life, where human are extinct. This sounds interesting..." Eggman said as he looked through more information. "Inkopolis, Home to evolved Squids and Octopus called Inklings and Octolings. Sounds impressive."

He then found an article about the information of the Great Zapfish and Great Turf War a century ago.

"So the Great Zapfish is used to power the entire city of Inkopolis." Eggman said continuing reading through. "Whoa, what's this?"

Eggman saw information about 7 items known as the Chaos Zap-Orbs.

"Chaos Zap-Orbs? Isn't that like the Chaos Emeralds?" Eggman thought. "One of the Zap-Orbs has been missing ever since their last use."

Eggman smiled evilly as he thought about finding that missing Zap-Orb and enter the world of Splatoon to steal the Great Zapfish.

"If I had the Great Zapfish, I'd finally be able to stop Sonic!" Eggman said as he went to leave his lair.

(Sonic/Splatoon Crossover: Story Mode Part 1)