Chapter Sixteen

Marsha's POV

I opened my eyes when I heard a buzzing noise. I propped myself up to grab my phone. I stop the alarm and nudge Kathy. She looked at me with her cute sleepy face. "It's time to get up," I tell her. She was about to say something when a knock on the door stopped her. I got up and made my way to the door; when I opened it, there were a couple of bags. I looked around, but no one was around. I grabbed the bags closing the door behind me. "What's that?" Kathy asked. "I don't know; someone left it outside the door," I said.

I opened the bags, and there was a new change of clothes. I glanced at Kathy, and she shrugged. I showered before Kathy and dried my hair while she was still showering. I helped Kathy dry hers when she got out. I glanced at the mirror and sighed. "What's wrong?" Kathy asked. "I won't be wearing make up," I said. She wrapped her arms around me, placing her chin on my shoulder. "Well, you are beautiful either way; I like when you show off your make up skills, but I also like your natural look," she kissed my cheek. "Thank you," I said, turning around to kiss her lips.

The kiss was sweet and gentle, full of love. I wonder if it would be a bad idea to think about marriage when we're barely 17 and in our junior year in high school. "Let's go; we don't want to be late," Kathy smiles. "Babe, we literally have an hour to spare," I said, and she laughed. "I know, but we don't even know how far away we're from school," she takes me in her arms. "That's true," I said. I pulled her in a kiss, but a knock on the door made us pull apart. I made my way to the door, and JJ was there in her wheelchair, smiling.  "GOOD MORNING!" She said. "Hey, girl!" I bent down to hug her. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything, but I came to ask y'all to join me for breakfast!" She excitedly said, smiling. "That's lovely, but we have to get to school," Kathy said. "Oh, don't worry! We're not far from your school," she smiled.

I glanced back at Kathy, and she smiled, nodding her head. "In that case, we'd love to join you for breakfast," Kathy said. JJ beamed next to me; I pushed her wheelchair to the stairs, looking at her. "How did you manage to get up here?" I asked, and she laughed. "I asked Kendrick to carry me," she says. "Babe, please carry her downstairs," I tell Kathy. "That won't be necessary," AJ says, picking her up in her arms. Kathy brings the wheelchair with us downstairs, and we make our way to the dining room. I sat down next to Kathy, and JJ sat in front of me.

A few minutes later, AJ walked into the room, and she looked at JJ, confused. "Who are you? And what have you done to my wife?" AJ asked, making JJ roll her eyes. "Shut up," she said, and I giggled. "It's nice to see you happy," AJ sat down next to JJ. "Good morning," she said to Kathy and me. I waved at her since I had food in my mouth. "Good morning," Kathy politely answered. "Did y'all get enough sleep?" AJ asked. "Yes, thank you for letting us stay," I said, and she smiled. "Did y'all like the clothes?" JJ asked, and I smiled at her. "Oh my god, yes! I loved them! Thank you!" I said, and she winked at me. "You got a cool style," Kathy smiled.

Breakfast was great, and we had a good laugh. AJ was more relaxed, and so was Kathy. They seemed to get along just fine. After going back upstairs to brush our teeth, we met them downstairs in the living room. JJ looked at me with a sad face, and I pulled her in a hug. "This doesn't mean we won't see each other again; we're friends, right?" I asked, and she nodded. "Then we will hang out again, and we could meet up, so you meet our friends," I said. "I'd really love that," she smiles. "It was nice to meet you both, and thank you for saving her life," AJ says, looking at me.

As we make our way inside the car, I see JJ waving at us. "You have my number, don't hesitate to call if you ever need me!" She says before the car takes off. I rest my head on Kathy's shoulder, closing my eyes and enjoying the ride. Kendrick dropped us at the school front entrance after thanking Kendrick. Kathy and I made our way inside the school hand in hand. Mary, Marco, and Karina were waiting for us at our usual spot. I waved at them when they saw us. "Hey, what happened to Jacobo?" Mary asked. "We stay over at a friend's house," Kathy says. "What?" Mary asked. "We're are your only friends," Marco said, and I rolled my eyes. "Whatever," I waved them off.