Chapter Nine

Kathy's POV

I jumped out of bed and hurried to my parents' room. I almost broke the door down, they sat up so fast. "What the hell?" Dad asked. "Honey, are you okay?" Mom asked. "Marsha is in trouble, she didn't sound so good," my voice cracked. They both got out of bed and I waited for them downstairs. Dad got the car keys and we drove to Marsha's last location. It was almost an hour away, Dad drove as fast as he could. The good thing that it was super early so there weren't a lot of cars. Mom kept glancing back at me, trying to reassure me that everything was going to be okay.

When dad pulled into the building's driveway there were literally no guards and all the lights were off. My mom gasped when we saw him on top of Marsha beating her. I got out of the car as fast I could and tackle him. My blood was boiling, and I punched him so hard. All I could see was red, he hurt my girl. I screamed, and punch him again. Everything time harder, he hurt my girl. I feel tears running down my cheeks, and I couldn't bring myself to stop. My knuckles were burning, but the anger numbed all the pain. There was blood on my hands and I'm not sure if it's mine or his, my dad had to pull me off him. "Kathy! Snap out of it. Marsha needs you!" Mom said and it was the only thing that pulled me out of my trance. I rushed to where she was and her clothes were ripped off. She was completely naked and blood was running down her legs. My heart dropped and I looked back at my mom who was already crying. I took off my jacket and put it around her covering her up. Her eye was swollen, and her nose was bleeding. His hands were marked around her neck. She was still breathing, but her breathing was weak.

My mom was on the phone with the police, while my dad was holding that fucker down. I feel Marsha moving and when she saw me she looked away. She seemed embarrassed, and that broke my heart. "I'm so sorry," I sobbed. She could barely open her eye, she places her hand on my cheek and gave a sweet smile. "Go, we'll call Jacobo to pick us up," Mom said. "Can I pick you up?" I asked and she nodded. I carefully pulled her in my arms and carried her to the car. I put on her seatbelt and drove us to the nearest hospital. She was shaking and I don't know if it was the pain or because she felt cold. I parked the car and carried her inside, a nurse helped me get her on a stretcher. "What happened?" She asked. She looked her over and gave me a pitying look. "It's okay, you're safe now," she told Marsha who looked at me. They took her into a room, and I sat in the waiting room. I got my phone out and dialed Mackenzie's number.

********
~Hello?

-Mackenzie, you have to come to the hospital.

~What? What happened?

-It's Marsha, you need to get here.

~Send me the address I'll be there as fast as I can.

****

I quickly texted her the address and dialed Mary's number.

****

~You do know what time it is right?

-It's Marsha...

~I'll be there as fast as I can, I'll call Marco.
****

I hung up the call and buried my face in my hands. I start shaking like crazy and my chest feels so tight that I can hardly breathe. I should've been there... I should've come and got her when she asked me. It's my fault. Oh god, it's my fault that she's hurt. I felt someone tap my shoulder and when I look up a sweet nurse was smiling at me. She looks like she's in her late 50's, she sits next to me. "It's okay, let out all out sweetheart," she said and I just cry. I rest my head on her shoulder and let it all out. I cried until it physically hurt to cry. "Breathe, don't forget to breathe," She rubs my back.

After my emotional break down the nurse smiles at me. "Feeling better?" She asked and I nodded. "Thank you," I said. "Did you come with that other girl?" She asked and I nodded. "Is she your best friend?" She asked and I shook my head. "She is my girlfriend," I tell her and she nodded. I was about to ask if I could see her when I heard a familiar voice. "What the hell is she doing here!?" Marsha's mom asked. "I want her out, keep her away from my daughter," she demanded. The nurse ignored her and walked away. Marsha's mom walked up to me and literally got on my face. "I want you away from my daughter. Can't you understand that? Why don't you get it through your head?" She asked poking the side of my head. I was going to defend myself when suddenly someone pulled her hand away. Marsha's mom almost falls backward by the sudden pull. "Don't you ever put your hands on my daughter," mom said standing in front of me, shielding me with her body.