Chapter Fifteen

Marsha's POV

As we make our way inside the restaurant, the hostess smiled at us. "Miss. Hart is lovely to see you again," she smiled. "Thank you, I have a reservation," Kathy says. "Oh yes, we reserved your usual table," she smiles. We followed her to the table, and she excused herself. "I have a question," I said. "I have an answer," Kathy joked and I rolled my eyes. "Should I make my social media accounts public?" I asked. "That's up to you, my love," she says. "I know that! But would it be a smart move?" I asked. "Well, you could always put it back to being private if you don't feel comfortable," she says taking a sip of water. "True, I think your fans will love to see all the pictures I take of you!" I joked and she almost choked on her water. She started laughing so hard, she doesn't really care and I love that about her. She's so confident.

We finished up our food and we talk about the cons and pros of making my social media public. "So, what do you think about Mary's suggestions?" She asked. "I wouldn't mind going to the beach," I said. "Yeah, I wouldn't miss a chance of seeing you in a swimsuit," she winked at me. She waved at the waiter and he brought us the check. Since I've been working with Blake I've been making money for myself, and now I can fight Kathy to split the check with me. Sometimes she lets me, but there are times she doesn't. "Walk with me," she said taking my hand.

As we make our way outside the restaurant, we walk down the street. There isn't a lot of people, and the place is a little away from the city. "Are you gonna kill me?" I asked and she laughed. "Look up," she says. And as I look up I see the sky full of stars. This is a really nice place to stargaze. Kathy wraps one of her arms around me to pull me closer and I rest my head on her chest. I closed my eyes and just listen to Kathy's heartbeat. Out of nowhere, I hear gunshots. I close my eyes and Kathy shields me with her body. When I open my eyes again and look her over checking for injuries, she's completely fine. A girl, not much older than us is stumbling. She hasn't seen us yet, and that's when I noticed she's bleeding.

I hurried over to her and she falls in my arms. She's got two bullet wounds. I tear off the sleeves of my dress and try to stop the bleeding. I think back on the summer camps my parents made me go to. "Run!" She says and that's when I remember the gunshots. She's holding a gun. "I'm not leaving you here," I said. "Kathy, help me move her to a hiding spot," I tell her. Carefully we move her and I check for exit wounds. Thankfully the one on her leg went through smoothly and it doesn't look like it hit any major artery. But there is not an exit wound on the one on her stomach, I check her breathing. Her lungs weren't punctured. "Kathy, quick give me your belt," I said and she handed it to me. I do a tourniquet on her leg and the bleeding stops. "This is going to hurt," I warned the girl and she nodded. I apply pressure on her abdomen. "Kathy, give me your shirt, and call an ambulance," I say. Kathy takes off her shirt and I put it on the wound.

I look back at the girl and she's barely conscious. "Hey! Stay awake," I tell her. Kathy types in her phone and a brunette girl comes out of nowhere and takes her phone away just to smash it on the floor. "No hospital," she said. I see the gun she's holding and I nod my head. I turn my attention back to the blondie. "Hey, stay with me!" I said slapping her face. The brunette girl is bleeding, but the wound it's on her forearm. I keep applying pressure to the blondie's abdominal wound when a black GMC Yukon pulled right next to us. A couple of big guys grabbed us and pulled us inside the car. They cover our heads with a bag. I hear them speaking Spanish. My stomach dropped when I heard that it was a gan fight. I grabbed Kathy's hand, and pray that they don't hurt us.

The car stops and they help us out of the car. They walks us to what I think the interrogating room is, and then sat us down. When they took off the bag, I see arm men guarding the door. "It's okay, we're going to be okay," Kathy tries to calm me down. "Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded. "I'm fine, are you hurt?" She asks and I shook my head. "I'm alright too," I said. When the door opens we both look back. "Why are they tied up?" The brunette girl asked. "I'm sorry, ma'am, we didn't know," one of the men said. "What are you waiting for?! untied them!" She ordered them. They untied us and Kathy wrapped me in her arms. When we pulled away we both check each other for injuries. "I apologize for the ride here, I'm a very private person," she says. "I understand," Kathy says but tried to shield me with her body.