Chapter 35

Finally Found You

"I'm not sure if he was wrong or I just blamed him for my family's misfortune," Dabi said. Izuku hummed. "So you got a problem with your dad?" Izuku asks. The older one they know as Dabi nodded. "Well, if he's changing you should give him a chance. it's hard to even think about giving him one but if he really is honest and trying, maybe everything would be better." Izuku said. "but if nothing is really changing and he's still a bastard then you should leave the man alone." Shoto added and Izuku nodded furiously. 

"But there are other factors," Dabi said, Izuku tilted his head a bit. "My siblings and mom." 

"That... we don't know..." Shoto said. "Our family is slowly healing wounds." Izuku followed. 

Everything seemed peaceful as the three converse. Mainly Shoto trying to give advice and Izuku fixing his words for him. "thanks... I guess." Dabi ended the father issues conversation. He figured he had a lot to think about, and decision-making would hopefully be easier.

He watched the twins converse and tried to add him into the conversation so he doesn't feel left out. This was Izuku's doing, and surely enough, he had a great time rather than feeling awkward. Izuku started playing around with his quirk. Touya couldn't help but be amazed. Playing with his Cold flames, it's amazing how snow could look like dancing flames. "How does your quirk work?" He asked, not really realizing it. "Basically, flames and ice but their color and temperature are opposite."

"isn't wonderful?" Shoto smiled a small. It was faint and barely there, but Touya could tell that until now, Shoto is still amazed. "You two... you mentioned earlier your twins but met only recently...? am I worthy enough to know the story?" 

"Well, I guess I can tell the story much clearer," Shoto answered. "I'm still having a bit of memory loss, still fixing the fragments of memories appearing in my head." Izuku scratched the back of his head.

'is it really memory loss?' doubt took over Touya again. "but I do remember fire around my room and I was having a bit of loopy vision." Izuku explained. "You were sick Izuku." the younger twin smiled at the older. 

"It's getting late. I think it's best to sleep now kiddos." Touya said, breaking off the somewhat sad atmosphere. "you sleeping here?" Touya looked at Izuku's face. It was almost apathetic, much resemblance to Shoto if not for the hair and scar. But what differs is you can see Izuku's, pure heart. Kindness reeking despite that stoic-like face. A very faint smile graced his lips. The worry and care laced in his voice. Yes, he remembers how Izuku was a pure little sunshine that gave temporary happiness. Is he really that sunshine? Touya sighed as he shakes his head no, giving an answer to the youngest in the room. "Aizawa offered me a room in the building. Thanks for the time." Touya left, not even waiting for a reply from the two. 

"He was nice," Izuku said. "He's suspicious," Shoto replied. The guy kept giving Izuku this look, Shoto didn't like it at all. Doubt, longing, irritation. If not those, he'd assume anger is hidden behind those calm blue orbs. Piercing gaze at his younger brother, how can Izuku even see Nice with those over observing eyes? "Shoto? are you okay?" Snapping Todoroki out of his thinking. "I'm fine." 

The brothers said their goodnight and slept. It is peaceful, Shoto could worry about Dabi tomorrow. Right now, he is with Izuku. Their time together is precious and he doesn't want to rub off his worries on Izuku too much. 

⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳

"hn-" A whimper reached Shoto's ears. It wasn't long before he woke up enough to hear his brother crying. "hurts..." the other cried softly. Shoto turned to his brother. Izuku's crying, half-conscious, his hands on his head. Face clarifying how much pain he is in. Worry struck the older brother. He gave Izuku a quick pat on the head before running to the building next to them. Knocking on Aizawa's door frantically. "Sensei!" He called frantically. The door opened revealing the black-haired teacher in black long-sleeves and tied-up hair. Papers in hand. Clearly, irritated by the disturbance. "Shoto Todoroki. Do you know what time it is? It's two in the middle of the night. What' so impo-"

"Sensei, Izuku. He said his head hurts and I don't think it's a normal fever since he isn't heating up. What if..." Shoto uncharacteristically rambled his worries.

Aizawa is tired. Even if he didn't want to he had to grade papers and fix files and prepare his lessons. Staying up at night is nothing unusual for this dead-looking teacher but what's unusual is the calm Shoto Todoroki panicking. Of course, the kid would worry about a headache. His brother is suffering from amnesia. What if his brain is damaged then we only thought? Aizawa took his scarf and had let Todoroki lead him to Izuku. 'I'll just text Hizashi and Principal Nezu.' He thought as he ran through the halls of 1A's height alliance. Once they reached Izuku, the boy was clearly in pain. The only difference for Shoto was somebody else stayed beside Izuku.

"Dabi, what are you doing here?" Shoto questioned. Eyeing Dabi as if he's a threat. "He woke me up."

"Dabi, Why don't you help us. Carry Izuku to Recovery girl's clinic. She should be watching her late-night comedy shows in there." Touya could only nod. He hurriedly put Izuku on his back then ran to the clinic. Shoto followed them while Aizawa returned to his room to take his work with him. 'Might as well use the time for paperwork while watching problem children.'

Touya had plans to sleep. A peaceful sleep where all his problems are away for a while. But instead, he had nightmares. By that, his definition of nightmare is Endeavor just standing in front of him doing nothing, then suddenly screaming "SHOTO!!" like the one he heard from an interview. His problem just kept appearing in his dream. He can't just stay there all night, in one place, bored. Even though those were the reasons why Aizawa offered him a room... he chose to stand up and maybe explore the dorms full of sleeping students. Or so he thought. A door swung open never closed and running can be heard. That faint noise led his curiosity to Shoto's open door. Quiet whimpers, mumbles of hurting, and the shaking figure. The one called Izuku is in pain. He thought the teen was cold. What a dumb worry thought for someone who is trained to withstand both temperatures at extreme measures.

He slowly walked to Izuku, kneeling beside him, fire ready in hand. Hoping to help warm the kid but to no avail, Izuku kept on shaking. Only then did he think he was dumb for worrying about temperatures. He stopped what he's doing and decided to just stroke the hair he never knew he wanted to stroke since earlier. Izuku moved closer to the hand, seeking comfort. "h-help..." another whisper. Now the younger's hands clutching to his shirt.

Then came in Shoto Todoroki, and behind him Aizawa.

"HELP!" The voice of Izuku was frantic as he sat up abruptly from his sleep. Panting. "Izuku! you're alright." Shoto said. Immediately going beside Izuku. "Sho..." Izuku mumbled. "I-I remember..."

"Izuku. Can you really remember now?" Shoto clarified again. Izuku nodded. "Dad used to train Touya-nii... and before I got sick... we were excited for our quirks to manifest... T-touya-nii always teases Natsu-nii and Nee-san would stop them." Izuku said. Everything is correct. Both in Shoto and Touya's ears. 

"T-touya-nii always visits my room when I'm sick... I'm a sickly child." He chuckled wryly. Shoto had a small smile on his face. Though it turned to a frown as Izuku started to cry. "Izuku... is something the matter? You know we should be happy for this recovery righ-"

"But, Touya-nii!! He- he's gone and I couldn't even meet him again..." The youngest continue to sob. Panic ran to Shoto as he saw how much pain Izuki feels. It was so different than earlier. "He needs to calm down. It will strain him if he stresses this." Recovery girl said, holding up the vial, asking permission from Shoto who nodded in approval. The medicine was given to Izuku, it took effect almost immediately as Izuku calmed down until his eyes droop back to sleep. While worry laced Shoto, Touya in the background is filled with unexplainable, good emotions. It exploded in him at once as the confirmation is there. And how much Izuku cares about him...

"I finally found you"