Part 11

LOGAN

As he is jerked into frame. He stares upward, face in the sun, gently rocking to and from. He is tied to a board a hundred feet in the air above the Box Canyon. He is being hauled up by who knows what.

AT THE TOP OF THE CLIFF

As Logan's conveyance arrives at the top, he sees that the people who have hauled him up are kids, about ten of them, some older, some younger than Laura and (Y/N), all looking down at him like they caught the biggest fish ever. They are all mutants' children who have natural anomalies.

Among them, an African American boy, BOBBY, 10, (who clings to an armful of X-MEN ACTION FIGURES), a dirty blonde girl, REBECCA, 12, A dark-eyed goth-type, DELILAH, LIZARD BOY, and RICTOR, 14, a natural leader.

A faded sign on the nearby building reads "CAMP ANOLJEET" ("we serve' in native American). The doors have condemned signs on them. It is a run-down version of the building pictured in the comic book.

Dizzy and weak, Logan stares at them, his eyes rolling up in his head as we go to -- BLACK.

CLIFF TOP STRUCTURE -- BUNK AREA -- NIGHT

A flicker of light. Logan's eyes blink open, he's on a bed now, body weak, eyes heavy. He sees THE KIDS. Some of them sleeping or reading or busy.

A few of them tend to Logan.

One of the kids (DELILAH) brings a wet cloth for Logan, but before handing it to him, she holds it under her breath, freezing it into an ice pack for his battered ribs.

LOGAN: Where am I?

LIZARD BOY: Is this good, Rictor?

Rictor oversees Lizard Boy, drawing a few drops of green fluid from a vial into a syringe.

RICTOR: Not so much. Less.

Logan squints at the bottle. Grabs it.

LOGAN: Where did you get this?!

Some of the children step back.

RICTOR: Where we come from. (beat)They gave it to us when we fight. It makes you stronger.

LOGAN: It makes you crazy is what it does. It'll kill you.

RICTOR: Not in small doses. (smiles)It's helping you heal, man.

LOGAN: (trying to sit up) Where's Laura and (Y/N).

BOBBY: Their asleep. Do you want me to wake them up?

LOGAN: ...No.

Logan lies back, closes his eyes as we cut to BLACK.

Logan wakes with a start, screaming. There is only one child tending him. It is LAURA. She sits on a chair beside him, watching him while also watching a sleeping (Y/N). He meets her eyes, disoriented, shaken.

LAURA: Pesadillas. ...you had nightmare.

Logan just looks at her.

LOGAN: Do you have nightmares?

She nods.

LAURA: ...People hurt me.

LOGAN: Mine are different.

LAURA: Por que?

LOGAN: I hurt people.

Laura takes this in. Then pulls something from her pocket. Logan's Adamantium bullet.