"He should be fine, I don't know. He was in a flower field and reached to pick a flower."

Gia's eyes fall to the flower on my desk. Her mouth opens with shocked excitement.

"That's adorable!" She gushes, clapping her hands. "Oh, he's such a cheeseball."

Yeah, such a cheeseball. Images of him slamming me against the wall and laying me down on the dining table take over my mind.

"Are you going to go nurse him after work?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"That sounds desperate, so no."

She scoffs. "The guy got stung and you think checking in on him is desperate? Call him."

"Gia..."

"Trust me. It's so rude if you don't. Come on, I bet he'll feel better to know that you care."

"You're so intrusive." I chuckle at her. She grins, waiting. I shake my head. "Yeah, I'm not calling. It's too awkward."

"Fine, text him."

"What do I even say!" I put my hand up when her eyes turn wicked. "Never mind. I don't want to know."

It's almost 5:30 PM so I guess it's reasonable to check in. So I grab my phone.

'Hey, just texting if you need anything. How's your fever?'

"He's texting!" I announce when the text bubbles appear. Gia suppresses her smile.

'Horrible. I'm dying.'

"He's not doing well." I grimace, panic rising. Gia scoots closer to check the screen right when Lucas sends another message.

'I need a nurse to tend to my needs. Know anyone available?'

Gia cackles. "Told ya! Tell him you're on your way."

"Hell no." I smile. Jesus, this guy is a freak. What do I even say? I am so flustered that my mind is drawing blank.

"Today would be nice." Gia complains.

"I don't know what to say!"

"Say si papi, hauling ass, take your clothes off."

"Oh, sure." I drawl sarcastically.

"Do you want to go see him?"

I bite my lip. "Yeah... "

"Then stop being a little bitch."

"Gia! You're an ass!" I laugh at her crudeness "This is nerve-wrecking, I don't even know where we stand."

She points her chin at my phone. "Find out."

Damn, she can be stern if she wants to be. But she's right. I type away.

'Do you want me to come over and help out? I can bring food.'

"There. No games. If he makes another joke, I'm going to take that as a no." I say out loud. Lucas texts back pretty quickly.

'I was going to ask. My buddies are coming over later, you should come. They're fun."

"What?" I can't believe my eyes. "Gia, he wants me to meet his friends!"