Nat: Are you sure this is safe?

Bruce: Yes.

They look down at Lex who takes a deep breath before nodding.

Lexi: Ok, do it.

Bruce grabs the small remote and steps away with Nat. He glances at her nervously before pressing the button on the remote. Lexi screams while a big shock burns the back of her neck. After a few seconds, the device stops and Nat runs towards Lexi who is panting from the pain.

Nat: Are you ok?!

Lexi: I think I am... Let's just hope it worked...

Bruce grabs his phone and calls Tony who answers from his suit.

Tony: Kind of busy here Bruce.

Bruce: We destroyed the microchip.

Tony: What? How!?

Bruce: We used an ESD to destroy it! They can't use that against Lex anymore.

Tony smiles at himself before hanging up.

Tony: Listen mister, threaten us all you want, we are not giving her back.

Lincoln: As you wish. Phillips?

He nods at the guy with the tablet who quickly taps on his touch screen. Steve takes a step forward, but Tony signals him to stay put. They all wait when Lincoln frowns, looking back at his guy.

Lincoln: What are you waiting for!? Activate the chip!

Phillips: I did! It's not getting online.

Tony: Technical issues? You should probably call tech support.

Lincoln: What did you do? You can't remove the chip without killing her!

As he says that, a bunch of S.H.I.E.L.D trucks and choppers arrive, circling the SAHARA agents. Fury comes out of one of the trucks and walks over to Tony. Multiple lasers are now pointed on Harris and his men while S.H.I.E.L.D. agents proceed to the arrest.

Tony: They have some kind of new weapon. You'll need to make him talk.

Wanda: I can help with that...

Wanda steps forward and uses her powers to get inside Lincoln's head. After a few minutes, she turns to Fury and smiles.

Wanda: The reason they needed Lexi so bad is because her DNA was used to develop the new OASIS weapon and the only way to launch it was by using her blood. They were planning on releasing some kind of virus into the water network. It would have killed her and she would have taken the blame.

S.H.I.E.L.D brings the SAHARA agents away while Fury walks over to the Avengers. Once it's safe, Lexi runs outside and jumps in Bucky's arms.

Bucky: Are you ok? What happened!?

Nat and Bruce, who followed her outside, smile.

Bruce: She had the idea of destroying the chip, without having to remove it. So we used an electrostatic discharge to fry the chip.

Sam: Didn't know you were that smart!

Sam playfully pushes Lexi who starts laughing. Bucky looks at the back of her neck and winces.

Bucky: That must've hurt...

Lexi: You know what you're talking about! Afterall, you got your fair share of electroshocks.

He rolls his eyes before kissing her on the top of her head. Steve walks to them and hugs Lexi.

Lexi: Does this mean it's over? We actually brought down SAHARA?

Steve: Yeah, I think we did it.

Fury: S.H.I.E.L.D will go over everything and make sure every base is taken care of. We'll arrest the list of people you provided us and make sure the organization is completely dismantled. Thanks to all of you, SAHARA isn't a threat anymore. Good job people.

He smirks before leaving with the last truck. Everyone goes back inside and soon enough, they are all sitting in the lounge, drinking champagne.

Tony: To our win!

He lifts his champagne flute and everyone does the same before they all take a sip.

Lexi: I would like to thank all of you. Not only for rescuing me a month ago, but for welcoming me in the team, in this family of yours. I love each and every one of you.

Nat sits next to her and hugs her. She knows how Lexi feels. Before the Avengers, she had nothing. Now she has this family, this home and she is glad to be able to share it with the person she considers as her little sister. They all enjoy their drinks and eventually, everyone goes to bed. Steve watch as Lexi and Bucky go into her room and he smiles. He's happy for them. They deserve love. He wished he could have been the one who gets the girl, but it wasn't meant to be.