Part 9

Lexi: Yeah... Let's get back home.

She walks over to Wanda which takes her arms under hers. They walk to the car, whispering.

Wanda: What was that about?

Lexi: I don't know! The guy from earlier sent me a note and Bucky was getting angry so I had to think of something...

Wanda: So you pulled him outside and kissed him?!

Lexi: Well... Yeah! It was the first thing that came to my mind...

Meanwhile the boys are walking further behind.

Sam: Dude, I don't know what you did, but you'll have to give me your tricks.

Bucky: Shut up Sam.

Sam: What happened?

Bucky: It's that bastard at the bar. He sent her a note. Something about calling him if she gets rid of her watchdog...

Sam: I'm guessing he meant you.

Bucky: Yeah, well I got angry and was about to go over to him and show him who he's messing with, but she tried to stop me. Next thing I know, she is pulling me outside and kissing me.

Sam: Maybe you should talk to her once we're at the compound. Clear things up.

Bucky: Yeah, I will.

They all arrive at the car and get in. The ride home is quiet. Bucky glances at Lexi in the mirror, but she is avoiding his gaze. Once they are at the compound, Wanda and Sam hurry themselves in, leaving their friends to talk.

Lexi: Listen... I'm sorry I did that. I didn't know what to do and I didn't want you to make a scene...

Bucky: It's the only reason you kissed me?

She hesitates. She doesn't want to lie to him, she likes Bucky, but she isn't totally ready to let him in yet.

Lexi: No... I wanted to kiss you, but...

Bucky: But?

He takes a step towards her, staring into her eyes.

Lexi: But I'm not ready to let anyone in right now...

He doesn't answer and keeps getting closer to her. Her back is now against the car and he is a few inches from her. She shivers at his closeness, her breathing slightly heavier.

Bucky: I understand what you're saying, but your body tells me otherwise.

She blushes, knowing he's right. She wants him. Who would not want him? He looks so good and he is so kind with her. He makes her feel like she's the most beautiful girl there is. It takes all her self-control to put a hand on his chest, keeping him from getting any closer.

Lexi: There's no point in hiding that I'm attracted to you, but I need you to understand that I'm not ready.

He nods, his eyes getting softer. He brushes her arm and then softly takes her into a hug.

Bucky: I understand. I won't push you.

Lexi: Thank you...

She leans into him, enjoying his embrace before pulling away. They walk inside in a comfortable silence. They pass in front of the kitchen where Sam and Wanda are munching. Lexi removes her denim jacket and turns to Bucky.

Lexi: Thanks for tonight. It was fun.

Bucky: We should do it again sometimes.

Lexi: We should.