Part 12

They take Nat's car and drive to the city. Nat brings them to a little store downtown.

Nat: I always find something here.

They walk in and look around. After a while Wanda comes to Lexi, a beautiful sparkling dress in hand.

Wanda: I think I found something for you Lex.

She hands her the dress and Nat gasps behind her.

Nat: That is totally you. Go try it on.

Lexi smiles before walking to the dressing room. She puts on the dress and looks at herself in the mirror. The dress is beautiful. She walks out and the girls smile with satisfaction.

Wanda: That's it. You have to buy it.

Nat: If you don't buy it I will.

Lexi: Yeah, I am definitely buying it.

They laugh. Lexi puts her clothes back on and helps find dresses for her friends. Wanda found a beautiful blue dress with a plunging neckline. As for Nat, she chose a cute fitted red dress.

Once they are all set, they go to the cash register and pay for their purchases. They go back to the car to drop their shopping bags and then walk to a french restaurant across the street.

Hostess: Good evening, table for three?

Nat: Yes please.

Hostess: Follow me.

She grabs three menus and the girls follow her into the dining room. She drops the menus and smiles at them while they are sitting.

Hostess: A waiter will come take your drink order shortly. I wish you a good evening.

Lexi: Thank you.

She leaves and as the hostess said, a waiter comes by.

Waiter: Good evening ladies. What can I serve you?

Nat: Can you bring us a bottle of pinot grigio and three glasses please?

Waiter: Right away.

He leaves and the girls chat about the upcoming party.

Wanda: You'll see. Tony is great at throwing parties.

Lexi: Why am I not surprised?

They laugh and the waiter brings them the wine, pouring it into the three glasses. He lets them look at the menu before coming back to take their orders.

Wanda: I'll take your coq au vin please.

Nat: It will be the duck for me.

Lexi: The duck looks tempting, but I think I'll settle for the salmon.

He notes down their order and leaves for the kitchen. The girls drink wine and enjoy their meals. After a few hours they are back at the compound.

Wanda: The dinner was delicious. I have to remember the name of that place.

Lexi: I agree and the service was really good.

When they arrive in the living room, Steve and Sam are watching a basketball game.

Steve: Found anything?

Nat: Yep, we all got a dress and then ate at the Château Froment.

Steve: Isn't that the french place you brought me to two months ago?

Nat: Exactly.

Steve: That's a great place.

Lexi: It really is. Now excuse me, I'll go put my new dress in my closet.