Part 22

Bruce ran all the tests he could think of and was currently waiting for the results. FRIDAY didn't find anything else in the footage, so Lexi was walking around the compound, looking for Bucky. He wasn't in his room or in the living area. She heads down to the gym, but he's not there either. She gives up and decides to go to her room. She walks in, closes the door and jumps when she sees him sitting at the edge of her bed, staring at the ground. She sighs and sits next to him.

Bucky: Heard you were looking for me. If it's to tell me you are going through with this, I don't want to hear it.

Lexi: I was looking for you because I want to spend time with you while I still can.

Bucky: I can't let you do this Lex...

She kneels in front of him so they're face to face and puts her hand on his cheek. He closes his eyes, leaning in her touch.

Lexi: Everything will be fine... If we do this, I will come back to you. I promise.

Bucky: Don't make promises you're not sure to keep...

She moves closer to him, her nose almost touching his. She grabs his face and kisses him. He puts his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. He scoops her up and sits her on his lap, her legs on each side of him. Straddling him, she squeezes tighter around him, feeling him harden under her. He stands up and lays her down on the bed gently. His lips find her again and start to trail from her lips, lifting her chin, biting her neck and kissing her collarbone. After a few seconds, he pulls away panting and stares into her eyes.

Bucky: Do you want me to stop?

Lexi: No... Please don't stop...

She grabs his face and crashes her mouth on his, tongue against tongue. They break apart, taking off their clothes as if they were burning their skin. He lays back on top of her, kissing and biting her neck. His mouth captures hers again as she feels him at her entrance. Her hands wrapped around his hard frame as he thrust forward, stretching her. Her head falls back as her back arches into him, allowing him deeper. His hand wrapped around her back pulling her closer to him. Their eyes lock, finding each other in the haze. Thrust after thrust, sending her closer to the edge.

Lexi: Bucky...

She gasps as she feels the heat rising in her belly.

Bucky: I'm right here doll...

The heat rose until it felt unbearable, sending her over the edge. His mouth finds hers again as she came, drinking her moans and pants. His pace picks up and he finally reaches his end, her hands tight around him as he whispered her name. They both lay there for a moment, still wrapped around each other as their labored breathing steady. Her hands run up and down his back as his still play with her hair. Finally, he lifts up his hand and traces her face.

Bucky: You are so beautiful...

She blushes, turning to look at the ceiling. They stay like that for a while until Lexi's phone starts ringing. She gets out of bed and he sits, leaning against the headboard, admiring her as she picks up.

Lexi: Yeah? -- Ok, I'm on my way.

She hangs up and turns to Bucky who now has dark, sad eyes.

Lexi: Bruce found something. He wants to see me.

She stands up and puts her clothes back on while Bucky does the same. They are about to walk out the room, hand in hand, when she stops him, pulling him back to her. She puts her arms around his neck and kisses him. He holds her tight, before he pulls away, leaning his forehead on hers.

Lexi: I wish I could have said it to you in better circumstances, but here it goes. I love you Bucky.

He looks at her, his ocean blue eyes soft and sad.

Bucky: I love you too. I've been in love with you for a while now.

He kisses her again. It was a desperate kiss and she hated that it felt like it was a goodbye kiss. They took a few seconds to compose themselves before going to the lab. Steve, Nat and Tony were there, waiting for Bruce to explain what he found.

Bruce: Ok so the reason I didn't see anything when I ran the tests a month ago is because they didn't actually inject anything.

Lexi: What do you mean? We all saw the syringe!

Bruce: They implanted a microchip that literally got attached to your cerebellum. We can't remove it. If we try, it could do irreparable damage to your brain.

Bucky: Ok, Bruce, but what does it mean? What is the microchip doing?

Bruce: Right now, the microchip is inactive, so it doesn't do anything, but as soon as they activate it, they'll be able to control Lexi like a poppet. See, the human cerebellum receives input from sensory systems of the spinal cord and from other parts of the brain, and integrates these inputs to fine-tune motor activity. The microchip will be able to send any input they want and that way influences Lexi's motor control.

Tony: So that means Lexi isn't their latest weapon.

Lexi: No, that means they will use me to launch it.

Bruce: That is what I'm thinking.

Tony: So we're back to square one. We don't know what the weapon is, where it is or what it will do.

Steve: But we know they are counting on Lexi to launch it.