Part 2

They arrive back at the compound and Bruce rushes her to the medbay, followed by Natasha. They cross paths with Fury who gives an apologetic look to Nat who ignores him. Steve and Bucky walk to him, slightly mad.

Steve: Why haven't we been sent earlier? By the look of it, they have been torturing for a while now.

Fury: We were waiting to see if she would come through.

Bucky: I hope for you she doesn't die. Nat will be coming for you if she does.

He walks past him without another look. Steve follows him as the others unload the jet.

Fury: Tony, can I have a word?

Tony nods, following Fury. Once they are out of sight, Fury sighs.

Fury: Did you find anything?

Tony looks away, handing him a flashdrive.

Tony: For the record, it's the last time I do a double-mission for you.

What the others didn't know is that Tony was asked to hack into the SAHARA systems on-site and download all the data he could find which he did while Sam was busy fighting. He starts to walk away before turning back to Fury.

Tony: The footage of her torture are on there. From what I saw, she never gave them shit. She kept all your little secrets.

He scoffs before walking away. He walks in the compound and goes to the medbay to see how it's going. Once he's there, he sees Nat standing behind the glass, a worried look on her face as she watches Bruce do his job.

Tony: Hey, how is she?

Nat: He says she'll survive, but...

Tony frowns, putting his hand on her shoulder.

Tony: But?

She looks at him, eyes full of tears.

Nat: They raped her Tony... Not only they tortured her for days, but there are also signs of sexual abuse...

Tony closes his eyes, sighing. He takes her in his arms, looking through the glass with a heavy heart. He may not know the girl, but no one deserves such a fate. He is selfishly relieved to not have seen this on the security footage. Once Lexi was all cleaned up and stable, they installed her in one of the medbay rooms. Natasha stayed by her bedside, waiting for her to wake up and every once in a while, a team member came to check up on her. Beside Bruce, her and Tony, nobody knew about the abuse. She didn't want to tell Tony, but she was overwhelmed and needed to tell someone. After a couple of hours, Steve came in with Bucky.

Steve: Nat, you should go take a shower and get some rest. Buck and I will take turns so that someone is there when she wakes up.

Nat: I'm fine, thank you.

Bucky: Nat, you're not fine. Go. We'll come get you when she wakes up.

She looks at them, hesitant, before giving up. She glances at her friend before walking out of the room. Steve sits on the chair and nods to Bucky.

Bucky: I'll come take your place in an hour.

Steve: Thanks.

Steve watches as Bucky leaves the room. He looks at the girl and hopes she'll wake up soon for Nat's sake. His phone vibrates in his pocket and he grabs it. It was an email from Fury.

Fury: Mission Report

He opens the attachment and starts reading. He stops at the list of Lexi's injuries described by Bruce, shocked.