'someone call 911'

Chapter twenty-one
~~nadine~~

' l feel it. all my friends can see , I won't ever admit it, but I think I'm in love'

       I've never been the one who listens to people's advice.

Which could be the reason why I make alot of wrong decisions.

     Anyone who truly knows me would describe me as hardheaded and strong-willed.

It comes with the feeling of being controlled and desperately wanting to gain freedom from the dictatorians in my life.

It was one of the reasons why I left home five years ago.

  My parents weren't the most understanding and reasonable people out there and being their only child I was their little puppet who the wanted to be they could never acheive.

My mom worked in a grocery store all her youthful life and my dad owned a huge law firm.

She wanted to be an actress but her family fell on hard times and she had to drop out of college and get a job so she could pay for some the bills that were racking up. She worked there for almost a year before she met my father.

   Being new in town, rich and handsome (so I was told) mom took a quick liking for him and he liked her because she was 'diffrent', so after a few years of dating they finally decided to get married under the clear blue skies on the ever sandy beach.

What could come out of a unstable marriage?.

An even more unstable child!.

   As I kid I wasn't allowed to go out, have or attend parties and basically have friends or a life.

With social anxiety, extreme weirdness and frequent panic attacks even without their help It would've been a sure guarantee that I won't have friends.

I grew up extremely sad and lonely slowly fading out of existance in our little town in Tennessee.

But that was exactly the way my parents wanted it.

  My mom dreams of being and actress died as her youthfulness began to fade.

She believed that she could never make it into the industry at her age and being the great mother that she was she decided long before I was born that I wasn't going to waste my life on friends or anything that wasn't important or valuable to my career and my dad just wanted someone to take over his business.

So together the made what they thought would be an ass kicking, super intelligent, soul-squashing, mega super crime busting robot lawyer.

A.k.a ME.

And when I disappointed them by carrying an abomination (their words not mine) in my stomach they shut me out for weeks and wouldn't even look my way.

    Then they decided that what was best for me -for all of us- was to get rid of the problem at hand.

That was when I snapped.

Eighteen years of mistreatment, cruelty and unreasonable overprotectiveness and I finally had enough.

So I packed up, took all my savings and left before the sun rose up the next morning.

I didn't know where I was going and what I was going to see there, I basically bought a plane ticket to the first place that came to my mind and look where it got me.

I couldn't be more happier where I am.with Charlotte, and all my friends.

     So from then on, I decided that I'll never choose someone else opinion over what my heart tells me.