Day 3

Prompt: High School AU

Ship: Koteizu

Other information: Modern AU

*~*~*~*~*

"Yo, Izumo!" a boy called out to his neighbour and best friend.

"You took way too long, Kotetsu. What were you doing in there?" the lighter haired one asked, having waited an unusual amount of time for his friend to come out of his house.

"I couldn't find where the bandages were so I spent half an hour running around the bathroom looking for it," the shorter one explained, "turns out it was under my bed the whole time."

"You sir, are a danger to society," Izumo laughed as they carried on their path to their last stop before school. Genma's house was a 5 minute's walk away from Kotetsu and Izumo's houses and was conveniently on their trajectory towards Konoha High. 

Kotetsu and Izumo had known each other since forever. Their mothers had gotten pregnant at around the same time, and being neighbours, the two boy's meeting was a planned event from both parties ever since the two women had learned of the other's soon to be addition to their families. Growing up, the boys rarely argued, they barely had boundaries when it came to the other, telling each other everything had been a regular occurrence in their daily lives. Other kids at school always used to think they were brothers, unidentical twins even, teachers marveled at how easily the two of them got along - it wasn't everyday you had two students who could complete each other's sentences just as well as they could hold silent conversation.

On the other hand, Genma had only moved in when they were already 12, being now 17 years old, he had had plenty of time to get more than close with the other two, however, that didn't stop him from being surprised at how well his two friends knew each other. He still remembered the first time he had been suspect of such a strange confidentiality: it had been a rather uneventful morning, Kotetsu had invited his friends to play video games and the three of them were chilling in the host's living room, the only sound being the music playing in the background. Izumo got up before asking, "do you want something to drink, Genma?", to which the boy in question respondedd with "just water". When Izumo got back he was holding 3 drinks, handing one to each of the others before taking a sip of his own, that's the moment when it happened. Kotetsu looked up at Izumo and before Genma could even move, Izumo nodded and walked back into the kitchen only to come back with something in his hand that the dirty blond haired one could only identify as syrup. That moment had been the one that Genma had finally realised how interwoven they were with one another.

The boys had finally arrived at their toothpick-chewing friend's house and found him locking the front door of his house, his back turned to them. It was then, as Kotetsu went to run up to his friend, he slipped and fell. Izumo's fast reflexes permitted him to hold his friend's tumble, or so he thought - all that had happened was that Izumo was now joining his partner on the way down. The slightly shorter one noticed his friend following up on his lack of balance and only just managed to slip himself under the other, knowing very well that his friend was a bit of a germaphobe and wanting to lessen the damage that could ensue due to his mistake.

Genma turned around as soon as he heard a crash in front of his house, "Kotetsu, Izumo, I would appreciate if you gave me time to wake up before having me baby the both of- OH"

If you had told the boy the day prior that one of the first sights he'd have of the outside the next day would be his two best friends on the floor, lips only a centimetre apart, he'd have told you to shut up and would have gone to sleep. Yet there was the two idiots he considered his friends, on the verge of kissing right in front of his front gate.

"What the fuck, guys? at least do it somewhere other than my front gate."

"Huh?... HUH? NO GENMA, WE PROMISE IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK" the two freaked out, jumping 3 meters apart in half a second, blushing wildly. They kept on blurting out the events prior to Genma turning around at the same time, the tallest one could barely understand what they were saying.

"Guys, calm down, I was only joking, let's get going or we're gonna be late,"

"Oh, yeah, good call" Izumo answered on the behalf of him and Kotetsu.

*~*~*~*~*

"Okay class, you're dismissed." The teacher called out, "Kotetsu, Izumo, Genma, you three are on cleaning duty today,"

"Aight chief," Kotetsu called out, only to be elbowed by the other two.

"Sorry sir," the youngest one called out only to be followed by the dirty brown haired one saying, "consider it done"

The students left the room and the three boys got to work. Mopping, hoovering and cleaning the rooom as fast and efficiently as possible to ge the job done as quickly as possible.

"We're gonna go get more cleaning solution from the janitor's closet, we'll be right back" Kotetsu called out to Genma.

"Alright, get back here quick though" the eldest called out.

"Don't worry, we will." Izumo waved at him as the two of them left the room.

Genma carried on with his duties. 5 minutes went by without the other 2 boy's return. 10 minutes now. 15, 20, 30. By now the lean boy had had enough, he was already finished with his tasks and his two friends were yet to have come back. What on earth were they doing.

The boy decided to go look for them. He poked his head out of the classroom door yet didn't see anything, nor anyone for that matter. He took the initiative to venture into the empty hall, his next destination being the janitor's closet. 

The janitor's closet was reputed to be a hot spot for couples hooking up in between lessons, Genma had actually been there a few times with various girls and boys that had tickled his fancy at that time, so when he heard occasional shuffling and muffled voice inside, he was adamant to open up the door. After a bit of consideration and a few more minutes to get ready to experience the potential trauma waiting for him behind those doors, he finally opened the door in question. To say he wasn't ready for what he saw would be an understatement. 

In the dimness of the closet, Genma's dark amber eyes managed to make out Izumo, sat against the wall whilst mindlessly stroking the hair of the person resting on his stomach, his body lying in between the taller one's thin, yet muscular legs. The taller one of his two friends was singing what sounded almost like a lullaby to the sleeping boy pressed against his body.

"Okay, what the actual fuck is going on?"

Izumo snapped his head towards the new person, his eyes filling with joy, quickly followed by thankfulness and finally settling on embarassment.

"Well you see, we came here and Kotetsu's fat ass broke the handle so we had no ways to get out and after shouting for a few minutes he told me he wanted to sleep so he did. It was all platonic I swear."

"Izumo, stop talking, I'm tired," the ravenette muffled into his 'friend's' shirt, burying his face deeper in the younger one's torso.

"This is absolutely ridiculous, you know what, I'm going. The two of you need some alone time and tomorrow I want an explanation because I obviously missed something in between the two of you. This is the second time today I've seen you two have a moment and I'm not gonna stand here and just watch your dumb asses being oblivious to one another."

"Alright, chill, we didn't need a tirade." Kotetsu yawned as he stretched out, having been pulled out of his sleep by Genma's ranting.

"I know, just why don't you guys just fuck already? Everyone's already convinced you two are together, it won't make much of a difference other than make my life easier." the older one asked them. 

Little did he know, those words were the beginning of countless years serving as the third wheel.

A/N: So here's day three, I'm not a fan of this one, I struggled to find inspiration and even though I really like the concept I originally had, I feel like I could have done much more but hey, at least I did do the challenge. Anyway, all that having been said, see you guys tomorrow!

~leila