~42. Lamb to the Slaughter🔪

Note: All Characters are same as Naagin5. The plot is supernatural. Markaat is not a part of this story. Veer's mother was human and died a natural death.

Pre-Read: After Navratri, Bani's real identity was revealed so she had nothing to hide. The tale of satyug was out. Therefore, Bani also revealed Shukla's real face to the Singhanias and that he was Teer's real killer. Singhania's also checked footage of their other house and saw that Teer was fighting with Bani and a dagger was thrown from behind. Zooming in, the killer's face was visible for a brief second. It was Shukla.

The family was furious, specially Veer who really loved Teer. Shukla was sentenced to death. When Shukla saw no hope for himself, he begged Bani to save him and revealed all about Jai. Then, Jai and Shukla were killed by Bani and Veer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Veer was getting choked. He couldn't breathe. Bani saw life drain out of him. She tried her best to unwind the coil around his neck and Veer gasped as air finally entered his crying lungs.

B: Veeranshu!! Tumhe kuch nahi hoga..

Bani began to weep when she saw Shaktpaatis enter the house. They were aiming all attacks at Veer.

B: Nahi!!!

Bani screamed and pushed Veer out of danger's way but the large jhoomar fell the moment Bani pushed Veer and landed right on his head. Veer's eyes became life-less

B: Veeeeer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V: Bani? Sweetheart kya hua???

Bani looked and saw that she was on her bed. Her husband, Veer was sleeping next to her. She was currently all wet due to sweat and shivering in fear.

V: Sweetheart koi bura sapna dekha kya?

Bani looked at him and cupped his face. His warmth was a stark contrast to the cold she felt in the dream. She hugged him quickly.

B: Bohot bura, usse bura kuch nahi hai..

Veer hugged her close and patted her head.

V: Tum safe ho, mai hoon tumhare saath...

B: (In mind) It is not me who I worry for..

Vani had ended the enemies a week ago. Veer had expected Bani to leave but she stayed. They both really liked each other. Well, Veer's feelings were already out in the open but Bani stayed quite about it. However she was nicer to Veer now and the little bit of warmth from her end was enough to make Veer's day. He knew she was slowly falling. He hated to wait but if that meant he gets to be with her, he can wait an eternity.

Bani kept hugging Veer to calm her heart. Make it feel his heartbeat and register that he was truly safe. Slowly they drifted off to sleep, for the first time in each other's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vani woke up the next morning and got ready. Bani wore her light pink and shimmer saree.