~12. Cold Revenge❄

'Hey there? Please get up. We've reached'

Bani woke up to a soft voice. She rubbed her eyes and saw a god-like man kneeling down in front of her.

B: God? Did I die and reach heaven?

A smile broke on Veer's face when he heard Bani's sleep voice. Her eyes had a dazed look, indicating she wasn't fully awake yet. He found her oblivion amusing.

V: You think I am god?

B: Hmmm???

She stretched her arms like a cat and rubbed her eyes.

D: Bhai, she isn't fully conscious.

V: I realized.

Veer let Bani have her sweet time figuring out her surroundings. Slowly, reason drew upon her and her eyes widened.

B: Oh! Sorry. I am kind of slow after waking up. Takes me a minute or two to catch up.

V: It's okay. I quite liked it.

B: Ha-ha. (she laughed dryly) I am glad my goofiness amused sir. Now, can we leave?

Veer enjoyed the chirpy Bani. He'd any day pick her over the terrified Bani he saw in the room. He guided her out of the small plane and they left for Singhania Mansion.

~~~~~~

In VSR's farmhouse, things looked very scary. All the guards and maids were standing with their heads down. They were terrified. Mrs Rajput had escaped again! She escaped right under their very noses and VSR was going crazy.

VSR: No! No! No! She can't run away from me! How can she escape again?!?! She is mine! MINE!

He looked around the room and saw the melted bars. He frowned.

Security Guard: S-sir?

VSR: WHAT!?

SG: Sir, we checked the footage. Ma'am wasn't captured in any camera at any exit point.

Whispers ran through the guards. 'How can ma'am leave without getting caught on camera?'

VSR: Silence! I know what has happened. There is no way she could melt these bars! No way, she could escape alone. My little minx had help this time. It has to be someone supernatural! Someone who can get in and get out without getting detected.

He grabbed his hair with frustration and called all his men to run around for clues.

VSR: Just you wait my love. This time I will chain you to myself.

~~~~~~

Veer guided Bani inside the mansion. He was looking at her like she was a doll made of fine china.

B: I won't crack and break. I am not some doll and I have seen really bad days, so fret not. I don't break down easily.

She greeted everyone with a warm smile.

B: Hey Pankaj! You are the only person I met from Teer's family. You were eleven I guess when I saw you.

P: Hello di! Aap mujhe Ponky bulao pr. I don't like this Pankaj and all.

Ponky and Bani got into a conversation. Balwant corner Veer.

Ba: Ye sb kya hai Veer? Ye ladki ko tu yahan kyu laya hai?

Veer saw Bani was busy with Ponky so he took the family into a study and told the story. He told them how he had seen Teer's broken phone on the day of the funeral. He had carried the rage in his heart for years. He told how he misunderstood Bani and insulted her. He ended the story by telling them about her abusive husband and him rescuing her.