~11. Cold Revenge❄

There was no one to tell
And nowhere to hide
I kept the pain to myself
While a part of me died

~~~~~~~~

Bani opened her eyes and was welcomed by a lot of bright light. She was in a beautiful room with large french windows and fancy interior. The sweet scent coming off the dozens of flower bouquets invaded her nose.

She got up and walked to the closest window and found out that there were bars placed outside it, sealing them all shut

She got up and walked to the closest window and found out that there were bars placed outside it, sealing them all shut. This is it! Her golden prison.

'I see you woke up! It is so good to see you after so many day my love'

Bani shut her eyes, it was a voice she knew too well. She felt a peck on her forehead and opened her eyes. However, she knew the rules well enough to not meet the eyes of the devil- her husband.

Flashback

*Whip*

V: You never look me in the eye unless I allow you too. Get it?

Bani whimpered in pain. Vikram held her jaw.

V: You reply when I ask you something.

B: Y-yes

V: Good. I don't like a rebellious wife. Be proper!!! You will always look down, it is a sign of respect and never, I mean NEVER talk unless I ask you too. Am I clear?!?

B: Yes.

Flashback ends

V: I see you still remember the rules. Good! But I am very angry at you. Furious even! You kept me away from you for six whole months.

Panic ran through Bani. God knew what this man was going to do her. Last time he caught her and bought her back from the women's shelter, he kept her hungry for a week. It was only when she fainted due to weakness and dehydration that he allowed her meals again. This time, she had escaped his clutches for way longer. She was scared what the punishment was going to be. So far, he seems calm. Too calm to be real.

Maybe it the silence before the storm!

V: For now, go take a bath and get ready. Look at these clothes and those scratches on your arms. I don't like it. Clean up and I will get a maid bring you food.

Vikram left and Bani sank to the floor. She looked out and realized this wasn't his usual home. Wherever she saw, she only saw green forest. Her windows were gilded. That's it! I am dying a prisoner. A tear escaped her eyes as she recalled her past.

Flashback

Bani had denied Vikram's proposal. Vikram took it exceptionally well, or so she thought. After receiving her degree, Bani thanked the Dean and went back in the crowd. She had been sad as her parents had not reached her convocation. Suddenly she got a call that changed her whole life.