Chains, Muzzles and Guards

Chapter 4: Chains, Muzzles and Guards

I'm hoping to get this one out as soon as possible so i dont flop on update consistency but knowing me ill fuck it up. Got a big week coming up anyway with last week of school and learning the gender of my new baby sibling so i might not be writing 2k words a day yknow. Ill try tho. Currently i need sleep.

Stop complaining about how OOC it is. It's a fanfiction. A crossover fanfiction. I'm not George RR Martin. I don't know to worldbuild a bridge between Harry Potter and Percy Jackson. This whole story is built on shoddy foundations, and characters act not as they did in the books because, surprise surprise, things are different. Don't quit the story because Artemis didn't cut James' dick off immediately.

Also I realised after reading the last chapter I didn't explain how Apollo got magic, so we'll pretend he and Artemis visited Hecate offscreen. See, another example of how casually i'm taking this story.

Chapter 4: Chains, Muzzles and Guards

The escape didn't end well.

Cali and Percy were caught once James could get the rest of the Order to apparate to him and unfortunately the coast was a good mile away. Thus they were pursued, fired at, and eventually Cali was taken down so Percy forced himself to go back for her, resulting in them both being dragged and apparated away to Diagon Alley.

Precisely they were transported to the inn at the end of Diagon Alley, a shady little pub by the name of the Leaky Cauldron. Percy fought to free his arms from the black guy's grip and after Sirius came over to check on him he was let go. Remus rushed over to Cali who was barely awake thanks to a stupefy to the back of the neck.

"Harry! H- Percy, what happened?" Sirius fervently asked, trying to calm his godson down. Percy still struggled to be free of the auror behind him and eventually Sirius had to tell Kingsley to cool it. He looked back to Percy for an answer.

Percy looked down. "We made a run for it." He muttered, disappointing Sirius. The man's eyebrows furrowed as he looked at Percy sadly.

"Why?" He asked the demigod, who just sorta glared at the ground for a few seconds and then looked back up at Sirius.

"We don't wanna be here, Sirius. I-... We love you and Remus, don't get me wrong but... we just wanna go home." He admitted, crushing his godfather. While he had the saving grace of Percy admitting he was still in his favor, it broke his heart to know he hated it here so much he was hoping to run away.

Sirius looked down too and thought for a moment, before looking back up. "I'm sorry too, Percy. I wish things were so... bad." He looked away, his eyes wandering towards the door as he got an idea. "Would you like me to get you two some ice cream to cheer you up?" He grinned, trying to lighten the mood. Knowing his intentions and that he wasn't being tone-deaf, Percy smiled and nodded. Sirius sat him down in the booth next to Cali and Remus while the Order argued in hush whispers next to them.

The other kids and the twins were seemingly still in Grimmauld Place, waiting for the all-clear to Floo into the Leaky Cauldron. Cali was slowly waking up, the process being aided by Remus' magic. When she woke up and realised they had not succeeded she sighed and looked at her twin, giving him a shrug. "Worth a shot." She flashed that Jackson grin. Cali then turned to Remus and apologized to him too. Percy didn't want to interrupt the godfather and goddaughter, so he merely sat in silence waiting for Sirius.

Sirius returned less than five minutes later trying to hold four ice cream cones, some double scoops. "Flashed my badge to get to the front, works every time!" He laughed, earning one too from Percy and Remus, with Cali still being a bit too out of it.