𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

Start from the beginning

You see, at the age of sixteen, Phoenix was a computer geek. A genius one. He was a fucking genius in computers with his excellent hacking skills exceeding over the moon. When Phoenix got his masters, he joined us. Exactly why my father wanted him. He was home with us on the holidays, but now he lives with us. His old parents and little sister live in an apartment. To say the least, I'm proud of that scrawny kid.

Diego robbed papa. Fucking robbed. He was given a chance to run, yet he didn't want to. He robbed and stayed. Mother fucker declared himself guilty. Diego's a fairly good fighter and with time, he only got better. He was dangerous. There wasn't a single soul who robbed papa and lived to tell the tale. Yet he admitted his sins and that was the opposite that father had expected. The punishment for betrayal was death.

But that was the first time papa had shown mercy. Since then, his reputation changed and mine began.

So, instead of killing him, papa took him in, trained him to be one of us. When I questioned Diego's loyalty he puffed out his chest and told me he would take a bullet for my father at just 14. His loyalty stayed.

The ping off Max's phone brought me back to reality. Silence stretched around us like an endless desert.

This wasn't like him, Ivan, Diego, and Phoenix were with him. Normally,  when a job was assigned to him, he would deliver a message straight away.

Tonight was different, I could sense it. Something was wrong on the other side. Four of my men were with them.

My blood turned cold.

No.

They are trained.

They can handle themselves.

They fucking had to.

He has asked for my presence. Specifically.

A light flashed in the distance, coming towards us followed by a roaring of an engine. Fuck, he shouldn't have made his presence heard in those parts of the city.

It was dangerous for him.

They wanted him.

As usual, I was in the back seat. The dark shadows from the alley morphing in me. My blood sizzled, searing an octave high. The insides of my palm itched. My hand automatically finding its way curling underneath my suit jacket. The coolness of the metal further fueled my blood.

I wanted to let loose. The primal instinct inside me roared to lash out.

Whoever had made the mistake would pay. The betrayal tasted like acid.#

Betrayal tasted bitterer than the truth.

No one dared to mess with me.

No one dared to mess with the Romanos.

Roman and Max's attention was ahead. Their focus on the dead engine. The biker didn't move. This wasn't him. My blood chilled.

Where in fucking hell was he?

The biker took his time. The first car stopped at a three-meter distance behind the biker. The second SUV halting behind the first. Phoenix, Ivan, and Diego were in the second. We waited.

Time stood still. I counted backward.

Ten, Silence stretched. Nine, Time tilted. Eight, No one moved. Seven, The headlights blinked us. Thank fuck the windows are blanked out. Six, I heard a dog barking in the distance. Five, I saw Max's hand reaching for the handle. Four, he paused; not from fear but calculation. Three, I saw a flicker of movement ahead. Two, the biker climbed down. One, he removed his helmet.