Blair just stood there speechless, she didn't know what to do or say, her mom hadn't spoken or showed her the slightest bit of affection for years, so why was she doing it now? 

It all felt weird and confusing, it was all a lot of hard work for Blair mentally. 

"Look, I know we haven't spoken in ages and I have been the world's shittest mom, but you have to trust me at least try," her mom begged with sad eyes. 

"i-i got divergent," Blair stuttered. 

"divergent," her mom sighed, it sounded like she sighed in relief, making Blair look up at her mother now. 

"look you can't tell anyone, your friends, your instructors, you can't trust anyone. People have always been so threatened of divergents. But now Erudite is looking for them everywhere. They're actively seeking them-" Blair cut her mom off. 

"But why!" 

"what am i?" She asked angrily, she was sick of being told the same thing, but not being given the answers as to why. 

"you don't perform, your mind works in a million different ways. They're scared of you. Stage two of training, is when you are most at risk they are gonna get inside your head and watch how you respond to fear, but you can pass, you can get through dauntless. I've seen it," her mom explains. 

"how do you know so much about this?" Blair's curiosity just increased.

"about dauntless?" she asked again. 

"never mind about me-" her mom tried. 

"wait wait-" Blair stuttered. 

"you know who you are," her mom finished. 

"But wait, you were dauntless?" Blair asked tilting her head slightly. 

"Hey!" a voice boomed. 

Blair turned around to see a tall male step out. 

"what are you doing?" he asked.

Blair turned her head expecting to see her mom, but to her surprise she wasn't there anymore. 

"trucks loaded, let's go," he said walking off. 

It had been a week since her mom spoke to her, what her mom said repeating in her head constantly. 

She was currently sat in a chair, waiting for her test, her leg bobbing up and down reeking with anxiety. 

The door opened, and out walked Molly who was shaking and mumbling things. 

"What did they do to her?" Lilith asked from beside Blair. 

Four walked out scanning his eyes down the line, picking the next person on the list. 

"Blair." 

Blair looked up, sighing before standing up and walking towards the small room. Before she entered, she looked back and looked at Lilith who gave her a tight smile. 

"Have a seat," Four spoke lightly, as Blair walked in closing the door behind her. 

Blair was sat on the chair, while Four was messing with the injection.