"Mehn, Gonzalo's case is getting hot and each day there's a hearing more false witnesses are showing up to testify against him. It makes me wonder if we'll win the case, I've never had such a complicated case like this one" he sighs exasperatingly and sat up.

Antonio is among ten of the best attorney in Madrid. Hearing him say this, makes me wonder if his client is innocent of the crime he was accused of.

"Are you sure your client is innocent as you claim?" I voice out my thoughts and he stared at me scornfully.

"Of course, he is Gonzalo is not capable of raping a young girl of the same age as his daughter. I can see it in his eyes when we talked, if he's even capable of such his wife and daughter will be the first to testify against him".

"How would they know if he's innocent? Do they go out daily with him?" I asked dumbly but accurately.

"Ferd! Stop thinking that of my client. Gonzalo only happens to be there at the wrong time, his kindness and acts of humanity made him want to rescue the poor girl after he saw her lying lifelessly along the roadside. If he ever did that I will know, I've been in this field for ten years now and I know when someone is lying and when he's saying the truth!".

"Calm down Bud, I'm just offering an opinion not that I'm concluding he's guilty. I just hope he's saying the truth so he won't go unpunished".

"Not Gonzalo my client. I'll prove to everyone that he's innocent, just a little more time is all I need".

"Okay, good luck on that" I replied smiling.

"Yeah, thanks. Let's talk about something else, we were having a conversation yesterday before we got interrupted by one of your girlfriends" he wiggled his brows at me and snorted and shook my head.

"Is it about your author friend?" I inquired and he nods.

"Yes! Something is intriguing about her story" he said and I raised a brow at him.

"Don't tell me you are brooding over a fictional story that someone wrote?" I chuckled.

"It's not a fictional book. It's non-fiction and the story is quite touching".

"Since when did you become a softy over books being read?" I demanded with an amused smile.

"Is not the matter of being a softy dumbass. I just find the story similar to what happened to you".

"Oh please, no one knows about my past except you and those dumbass in that party who must have forgotten completely about it" I replied kicking against his thoughts.

"I'm dead serious! You've got to read this book, perhaps after reading you can tell me if I was wrong or right".

"But you do know I don't read those kinds of books except motivational books".

"Just read this one" he insisted and I groaned.

"Fine, I will try but at my convenience. What's the name of the book and where do I read it?"

"Shattered Hearts by Micaela Alvarado. It's on Amazon, it's the #1 bestselling book so far" he answered.

"This book better meets my expectations," I said tapping my fingers on the table.

"Trust me it will" he replied smiling and then he glanced at his wristwatch, "I think it's time for me to leave. We'll get in touch when I arrive there".

"Alright, safe trip. Greetings to my goddaughter and godson and then to their beautiful mom who got married to an ugly jerk like you" I teased and his nostrils flared up.

"Is such a shame you don't appreciate how handsome I am. Do you know how many modeling industries are seeking for my photos to put in their magazine?".

"They're only deceiving you Antonio" I laughed.

"No, you want me to show you my mailbox?" he continued trying to prove his point and I grin widely.

"Just go already, you can show me when you return safely. Perhaps by then you'll be able to have proofs".

"Asshole" he cussed and we both laughed. We both stood up and I walk up to where he was standing.

"Please drive safely, don't drive like I'm the one in the car. I still love you a little" I winked at him and he hit me on the chest lightly.

"I hate you, how did I even have a buddy like you?" he laughed and we did a 'bro handshake' and hugged ourselves. "Remember to give your review of the book when you eventually read it" he reminded and I snorted.

"You're good at advertising, perhaps you should be advertising my hotel so I'll get more customers".

He shot me a playful glare and I chuckled. "I'll be back for you," he said and walked to the door. "Make sure you have fun a little while I'm away, don't get locked up in your world" he gave me a thumbs up and exited my office.

I shook my head and smiled and then my desk phone rang. "Speak Tatiana" I requested when I answered the phone. It was my secretary on the line, I guess my investors are around.

"Your investors are here with me sir, should I send them to your office or the board room?" she asked.

"How many are they?".

"Five of them, sir".

"Send them to the board room. I'll join them shortly".

"Okay, Sir".

After the call, I quickly googled the book Antonio has been blabbing about on my laptop. The book appeared on my laptop screen a few seconds later and I felt a sudden pulse-raising as I stared at it.

I couldn't spend another minute on the page, I exited it and shut down my laptop. That mystery book can wait, I have important matters to attend to. I helped myself up to my feet and went to see our investors.

*Slide up for the next episode.*