iii.

" get like this every time
on these days that feel like you and me
heartbreak anniversary

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃・❪ ❁ ❫ ・▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

she raised her head from the table, her eyes flitting over to him. she saw as he pulled out the chair for the pretty redhead. 

in his hand were a bunch of lilies. she saw as the redhead smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

her insides churned as she saw him smile the biggest smile she had ever seen. she saw as his eyes shone with sheer happiness.

she stared at her foaming glass of butterbeer. she remembered all the dates she went on with him. how he would wipe the foam moustache off her lip.

but that was the past. not to be happened again. plus, she thought, it was all fake. all lies that slipped easily from his lips.

oh his lips. she thought. they tasted like pumpkin and firewhiskey. oh, how she missed the feeling of those lips on hers.

she turned to look at him again, only to see the duo looking up at a growing mistletoe. she felt her throat closing up. knowing what was coming next, she got up on her feet, ready to leave.

keeping the unfinished glass on the table, she slipped past the barmaid. she took one last look at the couple, saw their lips blissfully locked together.

she opened the door, tears streaming down her face, as she took the path through the village back to the castle.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃・❪ ❁ ❫ ・▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

'cause I remember every time
on these days that feel like you and me
heartbreak anniversary
do you ever think of me?"