➶ 28 ➶

"is it me, or is donghyuck more excited than when he arrived here?" jaemin asked, seeing donghyuck dancing on one of the tables.

"and he was already very excited when he got there." jisung commented.

"you don't see us commenting on your boys when they are as excited as donghyuck." mark declared, pointing at chenle and renjun who were in a similar state as donghyuck.

"yeah, but donghyuck seems more... huh... you see?"

mark and jeno exchanged a look, the older pulling his boyfriend close by the waist.

"i guess the kisses we both gave him today are part of the reason why he's like this." jeno explained, making jisung and jaemin look at both him and mark immediatey.

"you kissed him? on the lips?!"

"that's what happens with your boyfriends, yeah." mark snorted.

"yeah, we know..." jisung rolled his eyes.

"but, yeah... we're shocked." jaemin nodded.

"well, don't be. us three kissing each other will be a normal sight to see from now on." jeno declared.

"gross."

"don't act like you and renjun won't be like that soon." mark scoffed.

"which makes me think that it's your birthday in... an hour." jeno said, looking at the clock on the wall.

"yeah..."

"still reticent about your soulmate?" jeno asked.

"depends on who it is." jaemin shrugged.

"my little finger knows who made you change your mind..." jisung teased.

"shut up." jaemin shut him. "my little finger knows that chenle will be your soulmate, and yet, i don't bother you with that?"

mark and jeno laughed as jisung blushed. "n-no..."

one hour later, the three dancing boys were very tired.

chenle was sprawled out on a couch, jisung sitting next to him; donghyuck was lying on both mark's and jeno's laps; and renjun was sitting on an armchair, his head leaning backwards as his eyes were closed.

they had been in this position for a while because of all the energy they had consumed dancing madly for so long.

"i'm going to the bathroom." jaemin declared, in the middle of his conversation with mark, jeno and jisung.

jaemin locked himself in the bathroom, sitting against the door and pulling his phone out of his pocket and switching it on.

11:59 p.m.

one minute before his 19th birthday.

one minute before knowing the name of his soulmate.

jaemin sighed, placing his phone on the floor as he rested his head against the door.

his heart was beating so fast at the moment.

what if renjun wasn't his soulmate?

jaemin had spent the last months glued to renjun.

it had been as if he was drawn towards the chinese boy.