➶ 6 ➶

on the next day, renjun and donghyuck had decided they would talk to their 'soulmates'.

donghyuck was a nervous wreck, and so was renjun, but they were decided to do it.

well, they supposedly were, because now, it was one hour before lunch break, and none of them had dared standing up from their uncomfortable chairs to have a talk with the two other boys.

"na jaemin!" the teacher yelled, making all the class turn around and look at the pink-haired boy.

donghyuck gulped when his eyes met jeno's eyes for the nth time.

his heart was all jelly inside of his rib cage at the thought of jeno looking at him.

"this was your last warning. you'll have to face a punishment." the teacher yelled, obviously pissed at jaemin's behaviour in class.

"i wasn't on my phone, i swear!" jaemin told, lifting both his hands in the air.

"i saw you." the teacher raised a brow.

"my phone is in my bag, miss." jaemin continued arguing.

"really?" she asked with a smirk. "stand up then."

"huh..."

jaemin quickly glanced down at his phone that was securely placed between his thighs.

he gulped.

"come on. stand up." the teacher told.

jaemin nodded, placing his hands on the desk before standing up, cursing out loud when he heard the loud thud of his phone colliding with the ground.

"thank you, jaemin." she smiled. "i'll have you sit at the first row now. change seats with donghyuck."

"what?!" both jeno and donghyuck asked out loud when they realised what this punishment would mean to them.

"you heard me right. and as we were going to work on the projects, you'll have to swap partners."

donghyuck's eyes widened like saucers at this information.

he would need to so this project paired with jeno?!

he would need to spend some time with jeno?!

next to him, renjun was gulping hard, already imagining his soulmate being close to him.

"come on, change seats." the teacher clapped her hands. "and put your phone on my desk when you pass by." she informed.

with that said, the four boys concerned by the new changes cursed discretely, but not all for the same reasons.

"huh... h-hello..." donghyuck mumbled, placing his bag next to his new desk.

"hello..." jeno replied, looking at him carefully.

donghyuck sat down, pulling on his sleeves more so that the soft fabric hid his hands completely, giving him sweater paws.

no way he was going to show jeno his tattoos.

"i-i'm d-donghyuck." he spoke hesistantly.

"jeno." the blonde-haired boy replied shortly.

"n-nice to meet you."

the two boys stayed silent for a while, as the teacher was explaining to them more in detail what were the projects they would have to do.

she explained the format of the subject, the presentation they had to prepare with it, and the way it had to be prepared.

this whole thing lasted around forty minutes, and neither jeno nor donghyuck were able to concentrate properly on what she was saying.

their minds were screaming to look aside, at the other boy, and maybe talk, and get to know each other.

sadly, the teacher told them to start choosing a theme twenty minutes before lunch break, obligating them to have a conversation together.

"huh..." donghyuck coughed, turning his head to look at the hot blonde boy next to him.

"yeah..." jeno did the same, not really knowing how to start the conversation.

the two boys looked at each other awkwardly.

donghyuck gulped, suddenly feeling hot because of the hot boy that was looking at him.

jeno's breath hitched as he studied every inch of donghyuck's face.

they were both obviously feeling things they didn't expect feeling right now, but they couldn't really do anything against it.

"have you two chosen a theme already?" the teacher interrupted their staring session, making both boys blush slightly.

"yes." "no." they answered at the same time.

they looked at each other, noticing the other's flushed face, and jeno told donghyuck to talk with a head motion.

"w-we... we thought about something, but we're not sure it's our final decision." donghyuck clarified.

"good." she nodded. "don't forget to tell me at the end of the hour." she said before walking to another group.

those twenty minutes were the longest minutes of both donghyuck's and jeno's lives.

they talked the bare minimum, both silently reading the sheet of paper that the teacher had handed out on which were written various theme ideas.

by the end of the hour, they both had settled to work on animals, and as soon as the bell had rung, donghyuck had dashed out of the classroom, not forgetting to give the teacher their theme for this project.

jeno stayed at his seat, dumbfounded, and with a fast-beating heart.

his feelings were confused.

he couldn't understand why he had been such a blushing mess because of the boy that was supposedly his enemy.

"there's no way i'm telling mark about this." he declared, a hand over his beating heart.