➶ 7 ➶

"hello, babe." mark greeted his boyfriend with a long kiss on the lips. "how has your day been?"

jeno kissed his boyfriend back, cuddling into his chest right after.

"good. i wanted to spend some quality time with my boyfriend." jeno mumbled.

"that's good." mark kissed his forehead. "let's go inside?"

jeno followed mark into his boyfriend's house.

he greeted mark's mother who was cooking something in the kitchen.

"you look ravishing today, jeno." she commented, giving the boy a bright smile.

"thank you, mrs lee." jeno smiled shyly.

"mom, jeno is my boyfriend. don't flirt with him." mark told.

"come on, mark. i'm not flirting. just appreciating his beautiful visuals." she chuckled. "you have taste."

mark rolled his eyes, pulling jeno away from the kitchen and towards his room.

jeno sat himself on the bed when he got there, looking as his boyfriend closed the door.

"guitar?" mark asked to which jeno nodded.

mark walked to his wall, taking the guitar that was hanging on the wall before sitting next to jeno on the bed.

he kissed jeno's cheek quickly before concentrating on the instrument.

as soon as his fingers started dancing along the cords of the guitar, jeno's mind blocked any negative thoughts he had been having.

he appreciated his boyfriend's talent, listening to him playing perfectly, humming a tune jeno didn't know – surely one of a song he had written recently.

once mark had finished his song, jeno clapped, congratulating his amazing boyfriend.

mark chuckled, ruffling his boyfriend's hair before standing up and hanging the guitar back on the wall.

mark loved playing the guitar, and jeno loved listening to his boyfriend playing the instrument.

so, they lazy afternoons during which mark and him would just stay together, mark playing and jeno listening, were cherished by both of them.

"it's been long since we've been on a coffee date..." mark told breaking the comfortable silence.

"you're right..." jeno replied, lying on the bed, and placing his hand on mark's lap so that the boy could pass his hand through his hair.

if jeno remembered well, their last couple outing, without jaemin and jisung bothering their loving moments, was around a month ago.

they surely had seen each other during this month, but never both of them, outside of the comfort of their houses.

"i was thinking of bringing you to one." mark said, making jeno smile.

"i would love this." jeno replied. "when though?"

"why not tomorrow?"

jeno was about to accept, but before a breathy 'yes' could escape his lips, an image of donghyuck flashed through his mind.

they had agreed to meet each other at donghyuck's house the next day.

their project was due in two weeks, and they still hadn't done anything.

both boys were conscious that they needed to ignore their awkwardness and start working together if they wanted to have a good mark on this project.

but he wouldn't tell this to mark.

not when he had to see donghyuck, their enemy.

he had kept the secret of donghyuck and him sitting together and being paired for a project for more than a week now.

he couldn't spill everything now.

"i'm sorry, i'm busy tomorrow..." jeno spoke low, quite guilty.

"you're busy?" mark asked, trying to hide his surprise. jeno wasn't the type of guy to hang out with his friends.

"yeah... i have to work on a project." jeno said, hiding completely the fact he would do this at donghyuck's house.

"i could help you, if you want."

jeno's mind went on panic-mode.

mark couldn't help him.

and the reason was simple: he would be with donghyuck, at his house.

and mark knew nothing about the fact they had already talked to each other.

"it's okay. i'm working with a classmate, we want to get over with this the quickest possible." jeno explained.

"okay." mark nodded. "are you free the day after tomorrow then?" he asked.

this time, jeno didn't hesitate to nod and peck mark's lips.

"i'm all for you on that day."

"no offence, but i'd rather do this project with my friend." jaemin told his new partner when they were heading to his house to work on their project.

"yeah, same for me." renjun told. "but i guess you can't spend a minute without looking at your phone."

"you're telling this as if it was my fault." jaemin rolled his eyes, pulling renjun by the wrist when the smaller boy was about to go in the opposite direction of his house.

"b-because it is!" renjun said as he felt butterflies in his chest as jaemin had grabbed his wrist, his fingers brushing over his left tattoo: 'na jaemin'.

"whatever."

they continued their way to jaemin's house, not bickering anymore.

they had been sitting together for more than a week now, and they both had found out that the other boy was quite great to hang around.

"here we are." jaemin told, pushing the door open for renjun to enter.

"oh!" a loud voice caught jaemin's attention. "who is this cute little boy!"

jaemin hurried inside, seeing his mother pinching renjun's red cheeks.

"mom!" jaemin yelled, pulling renjun away from her. "you're going to care him." he said protectively holding renjun behind him.

"is he your soulmate?!" she asked expectantly, making renjun's eyes widen.

"he's a friend from school. we just have a project together. my soulmate can wait, i already told you."