Chapter XIV: What

Shuhua POV

I can feel my weak body wake up from a timeless sleep.

My eyes opened and I was in a familiar place.

I can't speak.

Where am I?

My eyes shifted its gaze onto an woman.

Who is she? My eyesight were still blurry.

"Happy 20th birthday my daughter.." She said caressing the back of my hand but not noticing that I'm awake.

"Please wake up now.." She cried.

Then I heard another person enter the room.

"Stop crying honey, she will wake up soon." The man said while caressing the shoulder of the woman.

And my heavy eyes closed itself again.

.......

few months later..

||-Taiwan-||

"Shuhua!! wake up now you will be late for school!!" My mum yelled downstairs. Yes I still need to go to school because I stopped for two years, after the accident.

They apologized to me many times when I finally woke up from long and deep sleep but I can't even remember what they did bad to me.

My parents said that I stormed out of our house and got hit by a car, then I got into coma. My head still hurts a bit but I can take care of myself now.

"Yeh Shuhua!!" She yelled again.

"Yes!! I already got out of my bed!!" I yelled back.

After I did my morning routine and took a bath I went downstairs and my mum kissed me on my cheek.

"Come on let's eat now, the food's getting cold" She said while signaling dad to also eat with us.

"So.. did you talked with Elkie already?" Dad asked. Mum and dad told me that Elkie liked me when we were in high school until now, but I can't remember it.

"Later dad." I answered plainly.

"You should take her on a date!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"You're more excited that your daughter" My mum made an annoyed face.

"Of course!! I want the best for her" He said while playing with his chopsticks.

"I'll talk to her later but I don't want to rush things" I smiled to them and finished my food.

They smiled back at me and nodded.

................

"Goodbye dear! Have a great day at school!!" My mum said cheerfully as I went out of the car.

"Mum I'm already in college you don't have to be that cheerful for me" I giggled.

"Whatever! Take care m'kay? I'll pick you up later."

"Uhm, actually I want to go home by myself later mum, you know?" I said as I glanced at Elkie who is coming near to me.

"Mhmmm I see. Okay! Take care dear, I'll get going." She waved goodbye and drove away.

I waved goodbye until I can't see her car.

The I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Let's go" Elkie said smiling at me, offering me her hand to hold. Instead I hold onto her arms. I nodded signaling her to continue walking with me to go inside of the school.