Chapter XII: Truth Unfold

Third Person POV

"Uhm.. How do I.." The taller was lost in words.

"What is it?"

"Playground."

"Yeah?"

"Letter."

"You?"

Miyeon looked down, not because of embarrassment, but because she thinks that Shuhua was disappointed to her. She just feels that even if it is the opposite.

"Why did you still leave me when I called and chased you?" Shuhua whispered, while looking at Miyeon with a half happy and half sad look.

Suddenly the courage to talk about it took over Miyeon.

"I was taken aback by myself after I built my courage to approach you.. I don't know, maybe I thought you were scared of me, that's why I just gave you a piece of paper, then walk away, I didn't expect you to chase me, so I walked faster until I didn't heard your voice calling me, I didn't know how I will comfort you because I was a complete stranger to you and vice versa."

Shuhua nodded, understanding Miyeon's reason.

"Then after that, I thought you will be at the playground the next day, but you weren't. I always thought about how are you doing, I again, don't know why but there's something inside me that wants to see you and talk with you."

Shuhua's eyes widened in awe, knowing what's Miyeon thinking during that time.

"Months passed, I saw you running after smacking Yuqi outside of our school, I got excited because you were not sad like when I saw you on the playground. But I'm still not in the state to say it to you because we might get awkward. Then you approached me, because your friends said I looked alone." Miyeon giggled thinking about how Shuhua let her hold her hand that day.

"I was able to be your friend, and I was really happy that you were already happy."

Even without me by your side. Miyeon thought. Then she smiled bitterly remembering that Shuhua loves a girl.

A girl that's not her.

"I'm really.. speechless.." Shuhua said while staring at Miyeon, she can't stare long enough at the taller but now, she feels like she can't take her eyes off of her. She didn't know how to thank Miyeon verbally.

Shuhua pulled Miyeon in a tight hug.

"Thank you.. a-again." Shuhua said suddenly sobbing softly, wiping her tears with the sleeves of the hoodie. If Miyeon didn't approached her that night, she will not meet Yuqi and have a good life and have the best friends she can ever wish for.

Miyeon was shocked, but she was able to hug back the smaller, caressing Shuhua's back while smiling, Because she already told Shuhua that she was that person.

"I don't like seeing you sad." Miyeon mumbled.

"Again." She added.

Shuhua loosened the hug and was confused. "What do you mean?"

Soojin.

"Nothing."

"You're keeping secrets again"

Soojin might be cheating on you, I don't want you to get hurt again Shuhua. It tugs my heart to see you cry.

"I just don't like to see you sad again okay? I'm here for you."

"Are you hiding something?"

"Secret." Then Miyeon ran while laughing loudly to her room and slammed the door. Pretending that it's just a silly secret.