Chapter VII: Hurt

Third Person POV

Miyeon plopped herself on her bed and sighed.

"What's with the sigh Myeon?"

Minnie was with her, they decided to study together. She removed her earphone and sat beside Miyeon.

"I'll just buy something" Miyeon suddenly sat up and took her purse.

"I just sat and you're going out again" Minnie said annoyed jokingly.

"Then come with me." Miyeon said and pulled Minnie.

......

"Wha--"

"Shh, its just for now okay." Miyeon said as she paid on the cashier. Then she picked up the plastic bag filled with snacks, with few bottles of soju and beer.

"I didn't know you drink that much.." Minnie said as she remembered their time in Soyeon's apartment, Miyeon didn't drank as much as what she brought today. Minnie took her phone and picked a song. She offered Miyeon the other earphone. Miyeon accepted it and Minnie tried to put it in her ear. But she can't insert it because of Miyeon's hair.

"Yah! Just give it to me, it tickles me Nicha!" Miyeon half yelled and took the earphone from Minnie and they walked back to Miyeon's house.

(Hear Me by (G) I-dle)

It's hard to take back what I said

I'm waiting, right here

But you can't see me

Miyeon suddenly felt a pang in her heart. A memory flashed through her mind.

I was alone this first day of school but I felt someone coming near to my armchair.

The person approached me cheerly.

"Hello Miyeon" She smiled at me.

So I smiled back at her.

"Hello~" I greeted back.

"Would you like to join us in cafeteria??" She offered her hand.

I looked up at her and took her hand, it's so soft. If I could hold it forever I will never let go. "Of course, thank you" then we went to her friends.

You looked at me with a cold gaze

Makes me feel so unfamiliar with you

I know it can't be helped anymore

She remembered something that hits her inside her head. It's Shuhua. When the smaller girl took glances at her when they were not that close anymore. She misses her even if the smaller girl doesn't like her presence that much. It's okay for her even if she only looks at her as a friend. But she can't deny that it hurts, so much.

The darkened night sky

Resembles me and my heart so much

Your heart has faded, can't I hold onto it?

And then another memory seems to flash on her mind again but Minnie interrupted her non-stop thoughts of Shuhua.

"Myeon were here now, why are you spacing out? You're being weird again" Minnie said and took the earphones from her ear and Miyeon's.

"I'm sorry, just thinking on how I will understand the lessons quickly so I can just chill, you know.." Miyeon said almost speaking faster than the speed of light.