"So, Historia. Are you excited ?"

"Well, this is my first day after all, of course I'm so excited ! Excited and a bit nervous."

The secretary gives the newbie a reassuring smile, "I'm sure you'll do great. Now come along, let me introduce you to the planning division." With Historia trailing behind her with a look of full adoration, they finally arrive at the mentioned division.

"Everyone, this is Historia Reiss, who'll be replacing me."

Historia bows, "H-hello ! I'll do my very best here, I'm working forward to be working with you." She bows.

Applause and small shouts of 'welcome' filled the room.

"Historia, meet Mikasa, Eren, Jean, Armin, Sasha, and Connie." (Y/n) points each member as she said their names one by one.

Out of the blue, Jean, who's standing near the photocopy machine, steps forward, "Ms. Reiss, I'm an elite from the best school in the country, so you might find me a little hard to approach. But I'm really the guy-next-door-type, so if you ever run into any trouble, don't be afraid to come ask for advice. Or ask for my number if you want." He ends it with a wink.

"Really ? Ah thank you. I might have some trouble at first so please guide me." Historia replies with a charming smile.

--Later

(Y/n) stacks some folders on the table.

"These are the records of Mr. Ackerman's past schedule. And these are records of his overseas trips. And these are the meeting records. And these are the records of his schedule for the next 6 month, so make sure to memorize them as soon as possible."

"A-all of them ?"

She gives the blonde a playful smile, "Plus those." (Y/n) points her finger at a huge stack of boxes in the corner that consist of thick folders.

"Oh, I almost forgot.." (Y/n) pulls out a small book from a drawer under the table, "this is a list of tea preferences for each board member. So please memorize them, they'll appreciate it."

Historia gaped her mouth in awe. Never in her mind did she think that being a secretary would be this hard, "So, anything else I should know about ?"

"Yes. I must remind you that.. um.. porn magazines and pictures are a big no for Mr. Ackerman, so please remember it."

"Of course !" She beams. Historia begins to skim through the pages of the first folder, "Oh wow.. There are even photos in the daily records here." She points her finger to a certain photo that's clipped to the paper, "when was this taken ? You both look so young in this photo, aww !

(Y/n) shifts to the side, seeing the photo, "Oh, we always take photos whenever there's an event. That must've been about.. 9 or 10 years ago ? It was when I was in the Sina with him."

"When I had just started work like you, Historia." She unconsciously smiles.

"I bet you were perfect at your job even back then."

The secretary wheezes, "Jeez, no. I'd make mistakes all the time, I swear. Back then, I tried my best not to hold him back and found myself getting better at the job. So don't be scared, Historia. Just give it a try and do your best."

"Thank you for your advice, Ms. (L/n) . I'll not disappoint you !"

Historia pumps her fist in the air, with a cute determined look on her face.

'Ah.. this lady will surely be an amazing secretary after I'm gone.' Warmth fills (Y/n)'s heart as she thought about Historia replacing her.

"Oh by the way, can you deliver this to Mr. Zacharias ?"

She handed Historia a tiny stack of papers.

"Sure, just leave it to me !"

With that, the blue eyed blonde scurried off to run some errands, leaving (Y/n) alone on the receptionist desk. She heaves a sigh as she traces her finger on the clipped photo.

Memories begin to flow in her head.

It was the first time she and the vice president had an argument.

--FLASHBACK-- 10 YEARS AGO--

"Can't you even get this right ?" Levi hollered.

His figure towering over the newly recruited secretary, (Y/n), who's lowering her head in shame as she stood in front of her pissed off boss.

"Do you know how fucking important that dinner was ? How could you make a simple mistake like that ?'

"..."

"You couldn't even get the dress code right and now things have turned out like this ! Why are you being a useless piece of shit ?"

"..."

"Can't you even speak basic English ?! We're on an overseas trip for fucks sake."

"I-I apologize sir.." a sob escaped her mouth

His eyes glared daggers at her, "Ms. (L/n). What did you say when you applied for this position ? Didn't you tell me that you'll try your best even though you're behind on other candidates ?"

"..."

"But how many times has it been already, huh ? And today's one cost me a lot !!" Levi snapped.

"BUT WHAT MORE DO YOU EXPECT FROM ME ? Ever since coming to the Sina country, I only had 2-3 hours of sleep, studying English and what not. And I really can't get used to the food here. Yet here I am, trying to do my best, but you just have to scold me like that every time."

His eyes widened upon hearing her sudden outburst. This was the first time she dared to talk back at him.

"What ? Didn't you ever make a mistake in your life ? Tell me, vice president !" (Y/n) sneered, eyes full of tears.

"Of course I never fucking made a mist-"

"You know what ? I'm going to quit and go back to Trost !! So find another secretary, you short dickhead !" She shouted, face red from anger. Then (Y/n) stormed off.

--END OF FLASHBACK--

"The hell are you smiling and daydreaming about ?"

(Y/n)'s completely startled, she almost knocked over her chair as she hurriedly stands up, "Oh, Mr. Ackerman." Sheesh.. how long has Levi been standing there ?

He only stands there, eyeing her.

"Uh.. would you like some tea, sir ?'

"No."

With that, Levi goes back inside his personal office. Leaving a confused (Y/n) behind.

'Who the fuck was she smiling at ? Tch..'

Poor Levi. He doesn't know that his secretary was smiling because she recalled their first fiery memory.