51/ change

i woke up next to gus. like i had been every morning for the past weeks. it felt different today though. i felt like it was a year ago and i'd went out to la for the first time. i woke up next to him and felt normal, and happy. the heavy feeling i'd been carrying around on my shoulders since i arrived had lifted.

gus and i were laying on opposite sides of the bed, he was still asleep but i rolled over to lay next to him. his eyes fluttered open, "hi" he said, surprised by me next to him. "morning" i said. i moved to lay my head on the edge of his chest, he didn't say anything but rested his arm over me.

"i missed this" he said to me. "so did i" i told him. i was being honest, the purpose i had came here for had faded, now i just really wanted to be with gus. "you know what you told me the other day?" i asked him. "i've told you a lot of things" he said. "well i love you too" i told him. responding to his comment from before. he smiled, "this is so happy". "i never changed the way i felt about you. i was just mad and emotional i'm sorry. i need you, in every way" i said.

"it's okay. we both needed to come around, i knew you would eventually. what changed your mind?" he asked. "being here with you, and what tracy said to me. just kinda made me realize this is my life and it's the one i want" i told him. "what did tracy tell you?" he asked. "can't tell you" i said. "well whatever it was i guess i'm glad then" he shrugged.

"i'm sorry, again" gus said. "it's okay. it's all good. let's move on and act like it never happened. no time passed we're still happy and in love" i told him. "i like that idea" he told me. "so are you gonna stay here?" gus asked. "we can stay in bed for a bit yeah" i said. "no like here. in la. move back in with me?" he clarified. "oh. well, i'll have to go home and get the rest of my stuff but i suppose that would be fine. i miss it here. i miss it here with you" i told him.

"okay, we can arrange a flight no problem. anything you need. just don't leave again? okay?" he asked. "okay" i agreed. "can i ask you something?" gus asked. "well yeah" i said, obviously there wasn't much off limits. "are you? or i guess will you be my girlfriend? again?" gus stuttered out. "of course gus. of course" i agreed. "thank you" he said. "why are you thanking me?" i asked. "for letting us be together again" he said. "babe don't thank me. just be happy and let us be together" i told him.

gus moved his head to kiss me for the first time in a long time. i don't remember the last time. he pulled away from me, "you know" he said "when you were gone, you used to say that you told the stars about us before we met. and you'd just talk to the sky about whatever's on your mind. i did that a lot when you weren't here" he said. "it helps doesn't it?" i asked. "yeah actually it does. nothing beats us being back together again" he said.

"i know. i love you gus. you're the best thing that ever happened to me, even if i didn't always realize it or respect it" i said. "i love you too. i promise it's only up from here. i'm gonna give you everything and we're going to be so great. i love you so much i'm so happy right now" he told me. "we're gonna be fine. i don't want anyone else but you. i know that now" i told him.