43/ break up

"gus literally get out" i told him again "not until you talk to me" he bargained. "you can talk but i'm not listening" i said. i pulled out my phone, booking a plane ticket back to arizona while gus began to ramble. "isla please just hear me out. i was literally just outside having a fucking cigarette with some guy. i didn't know him he just came up to me. he was british his name was bexeley or something? anyways layla came outside while i was talking to buddy there and she asked if she could talk to me alone and obviously this guy didn't know any better or even know who you are so he just went back inside" gus rambled. "mhm" i said, not interested while heading to to closet to start packing a bag to go home.

gus continued "and i was like what the fuck do you want like go away i don't want to talk to you like stay away from me are you stupid and she was just going on and on about how she would be good for me and i didn't know what i lost and that you and i weren't right for each other and literally just as you came outside i swear she saw you first and only kissed me because of that. you saw me i wasn't kissing her back. i know it looks bad and i should have not let it happen but it all just happened so fast and i promise i was trying to get away and this wasn't supposed to happen i fucked up so bad. please stop packing, where are you going?" he asked suddenly, once he had realized what i was actually doing.

"i booked a plane ticket. i told you i'm going home" i said. "you're not going anywhere. just please calm down a bit and we can talk. you're just acting irrationally right now" he begged me. "no. you're right. you did fuck up. you cheated on me. i'm leaving this house, and i'm leaving you. we're over gus. ya done fucked up one too many times" i said, giving the zipper on my suitcase a final yank.

"you're kidding?" he asked in disbelief. "no i'm not kidding. i'm breaking up with you. figure it out" i told him, starting to walk out the bedroom door. "babe stop" gus said, grabbing my wrist. i pulled my arm out of his grip, "first off don't call me babe i'm not your girlfriend, second of all you can't stop me from doing shit" i said.

i dragged my bags down the stairs, through the crowds of people and drawing plenty of stairs to myself and gus who was still following me. "isla you aren't thinking this through" he told me. "it's thought through" i told him. "you're gonna regret this" he said. "i'm not gonna regret shit" i said. i took out my phone to get an uber. "okay thanks for the company i can wait for an uber on my own. bye" i said, trying to wave him back inside.

"if you're gonna do this to me at least let me drive you there" he offered. "how drunk do you have to be to think you're anywhere near sober enough to drive?" i asked him. "aw shit" he said. "yeah" i nodded. "but you literally said it yourself we're both fucking drunk and high and you aren't thinking right and this is gonna be bad and you are going to regret this" gus said again. "like i said. not gonna regret anything. making this choice because i want to" i told him.

the uber pulled up to the end of the driveway. "isla please, just one more chance?" he pleaded. "bye" i said, flipping him off and getting in the back of the car. i didn't look back to see if he was still standing there. i didn't care. he was probably going right back in that house to talk to layla. they had a history and history always repeats itself, especially when people get overly emotional like gus is right now.

i don't really know what happened to her and where she went after i hit her the last time i saw her before she was kissing gus she was laying on the ground with a bloody nose. i can't believe she had the audacity to ruin my relationship, it was mostly her fault after all. from the sounds of it gus and her talked for a bit and he definitely had plenty of time to terminate the situation before i found them.

i didn't bother to tell anyone else i was leaving. gus could do that. it was his fault and his mistake so he could own up to it and tell everyone what happened with him and his little side piece.i hated that stupid fucking whore. i hated gus to. how could he do this to me? he knew how i felt and how worried i was about layla and our relationship and then this happens? doesn't seem like too much of a coincidence to me. i wouldn't be surprised if it had happened before too and i just hadn't caught them.

the uber dropped me off at the airport, i rushed through the process as fast as i could. it was a last minute ticket so i was running with barely any time to spare. i had packed most of my stuff, at least what was important. if i really needed it i'm sure tracy would mail it to me or something like that. i sure as hell was never looking gus in the eye again.

i made it through baggage check and security, and basically had to run to my boarding gate to get on the plane. it all happened so fast, i sat down and all of a sudden i was 37 thousand feet above ground flying away from the life i had built in la. away from gus, and our friends, and our house, and his fans, the music, the drugs, the parties. i was leaving all of it and never coming back.