"I'm sure he would have loved to hear you say that," Mrs. Hudson commented.

"Yeah...I bet," I said drearily.

"I'm going to go visit him now," I informed my landlady.

"Good," she patted my arm. "And John?"

"Yes?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Tell him how you really feel," Mrs. Hudson said, winking. I had no words. Had she known all along?

She laughed and went into her living room. I left the flat and grabbed money from mine before leaving. Annalise seemed to always be there, no matter what, so I might as well pay her today.

There was barely anybody walking today because it was raining. I was alone aside from a few bike riders who were wearing big rain ponchos and squinting through the drops weighing down their eyelashes.

I walked the long way to the cemetery. I wasn't quite ready to go yet. I stopped off at a café and bought myself a cup of coffee, which I burnt my tongue on.

I walked past a newsstand. On the front of all of the newspapers, were headlines like:

SHERLOCK HOLMES: TRUE GENIUS

SHERLOCK HOLMES, REICHENBACH HERO: NOT A FAKE!

It made me smile. I was surprised that it had taken them this long to verify whether or not it was true. I picked up one of the papers and saw that they had talked to Mycroft.

My brother was special from a young age. We both were. I always thought that I was the smart one, but I didn't use my gifts like Sherlock did. Sherlock has used his to help people. To make the world better. I only used mine to prove him wrong.

"If only Sherlock could see this," I muttered to myself.

I put the newspaper down and kept walking. I went past the hospital and kept myself from looking up at the rooftop.

I walked past a radio store. There was music playing.

"And now, new from My Chemical Romance, the Light Behind Your Eyes", the DJ said before that song started. I stopped to listen for a moment.

So long to all my friends. Every one of them met tragic ends. With every passing day, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I miss them all tonight. And if they only knew what I would say if I could be with you tonight, I would sing you to sleep, never let them take the light behind your eyes. One day I'll lose this fight as we fade in the dark just remember you will always burn as bright.

I sped up my pace so that I didn't have to hear the song anymore. When you think about it enough, you can make any lyrics fit to your circumstances, but this one was too easy for me.

I saw a shaggy and dirty golden dog, dripping from the rain, wandering around without an owner. It looked exactly like the dog I had seen on the sidewalk roughly a month ago. The one that belonged to the tall woman dressed in black, with blue hair. They had reminded me of Sherlock and I. Now the dog was as lost as I was.

I finally made it to the graveyard.

Annalise was waiting for me with a smile.

"Hello, Anna," I said, "Do you mind if I call you Anna?"

"John, my name is Annalise," she corrected.

I laughed. "Very well, Annalise. How has your day been?"

"Wet," she said. She had a large yellow rain coat on, with the hood pulled over her head.

"Yeah, it's raining pretty hard. But you're here anyway," I said.