Chapter 52

"Why are you quitting so early? you still have another year to graduate" Suga asked concerned.

"Oh actually, I'm graduating this year. I've been working nonstop on a recent project I had and because of it I was given the opportunity to graduate a year early and begin an internship as a manga editor for a major publisher. If I do a good job, I could become a permanent employee there" Akaashi explained.

"Woah" Hinata's eyes sparkled.

"Look at you~ you little smarty pants" Oikawa teased him. Akaashi smiled softly before bowing his head at Ukai and apologizing again.

"I apologize, I would've told you sooner but it was last minute news for me as well"

"Don't worry about it son, I'm happy for you and you deserve it. Plus, now we have another reason to celebrate!" Ukai lifted up a bottle of alcohol excitedly, already a bit drunk.

"Yeahhh!!!" Nishinoya jumped on the table and took his shirt off before swinging it in the air.

"Noya! get off of there..! sorry, sorry.." Asahi grabbed his lover's arm anxiously as he bowed continuously and apologized to the rest of the table.

Amidst the chaos, Starooze's owner decided to fix the manager issue on his own and fast.

"Kenma, you're gonna have to be the manager now. It's clearly not the job for Nishinoya.." Ukai whispered to the blonde sitting next to him.

"Pay me more than you paid Suga-san and I'll consider it" Kenma whispered back.

Ukai gave him an 'are you serious?' look but still agreed to Kenma's offer.

"Fine"

As the two spoke, Kuroo watched them carefully and didn't like the fact that Ukai and his boyfriend were all close to each other and whispering. He wasn't aware that the conversation was work related and that Ukai was actually happily married. His jealousy took over and without warning, he harshly pulled Kenma out of the booth and pulled him away.

"Hey, what the fuck! I was having a conversation" Kenma complained while they stopped walking and he was pushed towards a wall.

"What were you guys talking about?"

"It was work related, Kuroo"

"Oh yeah? then why was he all up on you?"

Kenma scoffed.

"He wasn't all up on me"

Kuroo didn't say anything and let go of his boyfriend. He looked down at the floor and suddenly his expression looked sad.

"What the.. don't tell me he's actually upset"

"Kuroo.." Kenma moved up and wrapped his arms around Kuroo's waist "what's wrong? are you upset?"

Kuroo's face flushed red "I'm not! and stop putting up an act, I know you're just messing with me"

"Hm? I'm not though.." Kenma looked up at him pouting, trying his best to act as cutely as he could. Kuroo was right, it was just to mess with him but not because he liked making fun of him but because Kenma genuinely thought his boyfriend's flustered reactions were cute and he liked them.

"Kenma, stop.." Kuroo turned away.

"Do you really wanna know what he was saying to me?"

"I do.."

"Fine, he was just telling me that I was going to be the new manager and I said he has to pay me lots~ of money for me to agree"

Kuroo looked down at his boyfriend "really?"