Day 4 of training

I own nothing but my plot.

On the fourth day, it was well underway. All recruits, you and old, were up early to see the legendary war hero. Most of them never had personally met Grillby, much less talked to him, whether it be the inability to go to Snowdin so be health reason. Or nerves at talking to such a well-decorated and admired veteran made the human flinch and prey to their guard for salvation when he appeared on the battlefield. Even aspiring guards are very wary of approaching the veteran at his bar looking for combat tips. Grillby showed up in the flare. He had a relaxed pace wearing his signature look of a very classy gentleman in a suit. Though Him walking anywhere had a little problem when in Snowdin, he created a slight mist when walking in the snow. He was one of the strongest flame monsters around, surviving a never-ending winter town without falling, or his flame dies down. He was the hero of many a young monster, the inspiration that you're only limited if you choose to be. He had that tendency to kind of just automatically bring all the attention on himself regardless of him being a war veteran. He had a pep in his step and a smile on his face. Though at the same time, he felt turmoil. He was a ball of an emotional mess, but it's to be expected, but for right now, he is an instructor; it's better to leave my troubles out of here on the path to the training arena in the oasis. He owed to Sans and Undyne to teach the guards the things he could do and stop bemoaning what he couldn't do now.

He would be the kind of monster that would take a lot of attention in regardless of the room he is in. He was a tall flame elemental, dressed formally as is his personal preference dressed in black slacks and a black vest that was slightly opened. With a smile on his face, why was he smiling? Who knew, but they the guards waiting with bated breath, but they could tell he was in a good mood. Most had gone to the bar in recent years to find him out of sorts; the older in the guard knew why that was and knew better than to talk about it or even bring it up. But the younger crowd had no clue about being born after the war. No one wanted to burden them with the knowledge of what happened to the war veterans. Why explain to them what was wrong with them when it would be fixed once they reached the surface? That would also make the younger generation more fearful of the humans than they should have any right to be.

Most had never directly talked to Grillby before. At least the female monsters are intimidated by the handsome monster's good looks. The males out of hero-worship from the account that they did know about the war, Grillby was one of their strongest fighters. Who quit fighting and protecting the Kingdom when the war ended. The school teachers and their parents never explained why he stopped fighting, just saying it was too gruesome to talk about and his private business. Most who knew Grillby knew he also had on hand a machine Dr. Alphys created especially for him to be able to speak as seldom as it is. It's come in handy ever so often.

"Now I was asked by Sans by and Undyne to teach you a few techniques you will need if you are going to be guarding towns, right? Firewall and landmines after what's happened to me these are some of the few magical attacks I can do without overexerting myself and or my fire." Grillby's voice that he had projected into our minds had a slight waver.

"Sir? What happened to you? Why aren't you a part of the guard? With your strength and what you've done, you should be protecting the King! He is your friend, isn't he?" For the younger crowd, curiosity outweighs the common sense of respect for our commander. Asgore thought with a shake of the head, But the Werecats Jade and Anka, who piped up, had a point. And the murmuring around the young monster started, and the look on Grillby face told me he did not want to talk about this but knew these kids were going to keep going like a greater dog in a game of fetch. He gave a huff, and new resistance was futile, and telling them the story might give them more perspective.