"Move."

I step aside as he walks past me and bends over the tub. The water hits his back and he flinches slightly, but keeps his gaze on the knob, twisting and turning.

"I've done that already." I state. He clenches his jaw and ignores me.

I scoff quietly. "I'm going to go use the other bathroom."

"I'm using the other one."

"Okay, can you use it after me? I'm kind of in a hurry."

Lucas gives up on the knobs and gets up. He ignores me again and walks out. I follow him straight to his own bathroom, expecting him to maybe clear out his things.

Nope. He steps into his bathroom and shuts the door on my face.

Well, then. Alright. Time for another glass.

It's 6:30 PM. I've paced around the house and have snooped in every corner that's none of my business. The fridge is fully stocked with fresh produce and homemade food. The family pictures are endless. And the supply of extra pillows and blankets would make one think that this is a rental place.

"Lucas, I need to go! Can you hurry?" I knock on the bathroom room - no, I hit it with my palm. "Are you jerking off? You got the whole house for that! Lucas!"

The door opens and steam pours out of it. Lucas has his hips wrapped with a white towel, smelling fresh, looking smooth. His wet hair is swept back and his cheeks are flushed a little.

"All yours." He says, almost mocking. I glare and slam the door behind me as he leaves.

In the shower, I inspect all his products. Body wash, shampoo... that's it.

Where's the loofah? No conditioner? Is this guy a caveman?

I open each one and smell them. The guy does have taste. These are heavenly bottles of manliness. If I buy these and use them on myself, it'll almost feel like I have a boyfriend.

Wow, I'm pathetic.

I do my business and get out to go to my room. It's 7. I text Miguel the address to this place and he tells me he'll be here exactly at 8.

"Do you want something to eat?" Lucas taps on my open door as I apply face serums. He's changed into black shorts with a matching sleeveless shirt. I'm still in a towel, hair damp.

"No, thanks." I say, eyes on the mirror. When he doesn't say a word, I sneak a glance. "I'm going out... to eat?"

"Sure you are."

"Is there a problem?"

He takes a deep breath and stares right into me. "You don't know the guy. It's not safe."

I lean on the dresser, facing him. I tilt my head. "Do I look stupid to you?"

"Yes."

Anger burns through me and I'm about to snap, but he cuts me off. "If you're going out with a guy you just met in a town you've never been to before, you're stupid. What do you want me to say?"