He suddenly went to search for one picture. Flipping through the pictures more frantically. When he didn't find it until the very last photo he began to panic. Where was it?

  Draco rearranged the pictures back together and returned it to its original place as best he could. He began to search the table, just in case he dropped it or maybe it fell out of the pile. He lifted some of the paper, shaking them hoping it accidentally slipped inside. It was nowhere to be found. He opened the top drawer, followed by the middle then finally the bottom. It was there he found her picture. Sitting idly beside her father's favourite golden quill. He carefully picked it up and examined it.

  She was just like he remembered.

  But he doubts she would still remember him the way he used to be.

  The sound of the door opening startled him. In panic, he closed the drawer with his foot and slid the picture safely into his inner pocket, hoping it wouldn't crease. He took a deep breath before turning around to face the man he feared he would become one day.

  Lucius Malfoy stared him down. Draco never expected an ounce of affection out of him ever since he was little. All he wanted was his approval, that he was worthy of the name he inherited. Now he wished he could have a different name. It was such a disgusting notion to him, to be related to someone that praises the enemy. Someone who forced his wife and son to follow his footsteps into the wrong direction.

  "You have failed me in every way possible." Lucius growled. "You had one job Draco, ONE!"

  He banged his cane loudly on the marbled food creating a loud thud. Draco didn't even flinch.

  "The plan still followed through." Draco tried to defend himself. "Dumbledore is dead."

  "The Dark Lord isn't stupid, Draco! He knows Snape was the one to do it! Do you have any idea how that reflects on us?? How ashamed you made me feel??"

  "The shame goes both ways, Father." He snapped back, which was not a very good idea.

  Lucius Malfoy lifted up his wand and hexed Draco, sending his back to the corner edge of his wooden desk. Draco felt needles shooting up his spine, the pain in his lower back excruciating he had to close his eyes.

  "Do not talk back to me you disappointing piece of shit!" His wand was still in position to attack. "You have been nothing but a complete failure all your life. Never once in your life have you made me proud. Just a complete burden to the family. Now to the Dark Lord, you are nothing but dead fucking weight. Even Goyle has much more credit than you!"

  Draco tried his best to stand up straight but he couldn't take the pain in his chest any longer. "Then kill me."

  "What are you talking about?" His father stepped forward now closer to him.

  "You don't need me, so kill me. I can't stand living another second in this hell. So raise your wand and fucking murder your own son."

  Lucius Malfoy practically ran forward, his black robe pushed back by the gust of wind. He was now inches away from Draco, his wand placed at the bottom of Draco's chin forcing him to look his father in the eye.

  "One more mistake, Draco... I won't hesitate to do so." He pushed the wand, digging it into the skin of his neck before roughly letting go. "I wish I never had a son. Now get out of my sight before I actually do it."

  Draco's hands itch to strangle him and rip his fucking head off. He wanted him dead just as much he wanted himself dead. He wanted to slap some sense into him. The little boy in him wanted to beg and plead for mercy, for acceptance. But he did what cowards did best, he fled. He hurriedly walked past by him and left the room.

  "Draco!" His mother called after him. No doubt she was eavesdropping the whole conversation through the door. He ignored her, climbing up the stairs, running until he reached his room. The anger was now a boiling rage in his whole body, like someone lit him on fire. His hand reached the nearest vase by the bed and he smashed it into a million pieces. He punched the walls, the cabinets, the mirrors, the windows... Nothing made it better. He was still dirty and used.

  He went to the bathroom, turning the water on making sure it's scalding hot. He ripped his clothes open and ran his left arm under the water, scrubbing furiously at his Dark Mark. He wanted the water to wash away the pain, but the mark prevails. He stood there now motionless. He just wanted everything to end.

  His eyes wandered to the shard of glass on the floor. It was long with a pointy end. The perfect weapon. He could do it, it would be so easy. He could plunge it deep in his chest right into his heart, or maybe slit his wrist and let him drown in his own pool of blood. Surely death would be better than living a life of agony and disdain.

  Draco stepped out of the shower, water was still dripping down his body. He bent down and took the glass in hand, savouring the sting when the shards pierced the skin of his palm. Bright red liquid started to drip down his arm. He could do this. He would be quick.

  Nothing is worth ending your life over.

  Suddenly her voice echoed in his head. The sweet melody of Ariendra's tone filled his ears repeatedly. The words she said to him once before in the hospital wing. He was sure he must be crazy. He felt his hands begin to shake and he wasn't so brave to do it anymore.

  Nothing is worth ending your life over remember?

  This time it's his own. The words he said to her the moment he saw her trying to do the exact same thing he was trying to do now.

  So it's not worth it alright?

  It was all it took for him. She always made him weak. But she always kept him sane.

  She was the light in the end of this very dark tunnel.

  Finally Draco let go of the glass, letting it shatter to the floor.

  Alright. He answered. For you I won't.

  He slid down and buried his head in between his knees.

  He cried until he fell asleep.

A short sad flashback of Draco... What did you guys think? AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 8K READS GUYS. 7k to 8k in 4 days !?! I LOVE YOU ALL. Stay safe and healthy! Hugs and Kisses, Genevieve 🌻