The ball

One by one the chaperones lead the maidens into the great hall. Just before me is my friend Siarah, I know it's her, her blood calls to me as singing a little melody.
we are of the same bloodline, our mothers are cousins. We have been so lucky to attend the divine academy together I would be lost with out her, I hope this evening, isn't a total bust and we might get to hang out.

After what seems like a life time of waiting it's my turn, I'm led down the steps till I reach the magical boundary, I feel the magic all around me flowing over my skin, calling my angel forward, my tattoos start to tingle on my hip and I have the urge to itch them. That would be embarrassing i would look like a cat scratching at fleas.

An Archway made of roses and thorns , is the entrance to the great hall, once over threshold the magic and atmosphere is intoxicating. It taste of smoke, with pressure clamping down on your chest. The whole hall is dimly lit, as the evening sky is visible, dark hues of purple and blue with bright silvery fire ball stars. There Twinkl giving me a sense ease and reassurance enabling me to breathe again . The hall roof has been spelled to be open for tonight's proceedings.
It's kinda romantic.
All around are statues of mortals / humans stretching from floor to ceiling with there palms cupped together facing the heavens and some with arms flat at there sides hands flexed out palms facing down. Representing worship to both heaven and hell in equal measure. At the the darkness end of the hall is two large marble statues with thrones carved into the base of them. One white with flames crafted beautifully behind her and a crown of gold thorns on her head to the left a black statue the same but with wings spread out slightly with a gold Thorn crown also.
Truly breathtaking, the thrones of the high king and queen, this used to the palace of these etherial royals right in the centre of earth's kingdoms

Steadying my self I calm my nerves and allow the magic to take a hold of me. Something is pulling at my chest I look down to see a pure white string , which shines with same vibrant colour of my light. flowing from my chest pulling me forward as if it wants me to follow.
Walking slowly I follow the essence I can only see dark silhouettes to the left of me, after walking what seems like the full length of the ball room. I start to let my fears poke through at the thought, that maybe I'm not been pulled towards my mate but to my end.

Suddenly My string starts to coil in front of me with urgency, warning me To what I'm not sure. All the males are to the left, and I'm walking in-front of them, now would be the time for those feeling a bond to me to step forwards. Two shroudsvof darkness step towards me. I turn to face them both.
My white thread, pauses and leans to left , after a small investigation it starts to frantically moving up and down. Unsure of the reaction, I keep focusing forward, the next dark figure in sight and then quickly the thread  snaps straight I look  into the cloud of darkness, following my thread it's pulling , tugging me closer to the darkness.
is this my choice ? do I trust in my pure soul, that it has chosen correctly, should I blindly offer my self to the darkness?
"Yes" my angel says softly and gives me a boost of her divinity.
I stand in my veil and hold out my hands palms facing the night sky. My heart is pounding so hard everyone must be able to hear it, who ever this person is they have to take a leap of faith.
Some males can feel only a small fraction of the mating call whilst others don't feel anything. Pure mates are extremely rare, it is said that true mates are of the same mind, body ,soul and feel the pull to join their powers as one. It's been a millennia since the last pure mates, rulers of earth as the high king and queen. Guardians of Heaven and the keepers of Hell, and the salvation of Earth. So the prophecy states.
once a maiden has made her choice the creature opposite can choose to accept or decline. Once a choice has been made each coupling will dance to the mating lullaby, after which they will be sent to their chambers for the night, to complete the mating bond. All couples have take part in the pure rituals 3 tests to be completed in 15 days, these have been carried out since the last monarchy, a tradition of old ancient ones to find the pure king and queen.

Silently praying to the heavens to my father, that my choice is right, that my mate is HIM , my beautiful demon. A bright white light projects from the darkness opposite me, and comes towards me with comfort, lust and I feel slight movement in my loose strands of hair, moving it away from my neck. A smile plays on my face as I lean into magic.
Hands reach mine, and acceptance washes over me, with a force of a tidal wave pure white light shines from me and my mate shooting high into the night sky, lightning up the darkness of the evening.

The power pulls back towards us flows between us both and I twinge as the string locks into place turns into a links of chain from me to him. The dark veil has lifted and I'm met with beautiful green eyes. That feeling washes over me again Infinite, never ending. He's Moving towards me hands still joined, and he kisses me fiercely, not bothered by the sounds of the surrounding audience as they gasps and clap . Addam.........the taste and smell of him, makes me weak to my knees. Him kissing me sends fire blazing over my body reaching my core.