Flower {Loki x ChildReader}

Third Person P.O.V.

When (Y/n) was born, she became the most important thing in Loki's life. She was born of a drunken fling, and the mother wanted nothing to do with the newborn, leaving Loki as her sole caretaker. He was by no means a perfect father: his jealousy and greed continued to consume him, but it could always be guaranteed that no harm would ever come to (Y/n). Loki would have given her the Nine Realms if she should have asked. His daughter was always his priority.

(Y/n) was too young to understand most of his mischievous deeds. When Loki 'died' the first time, she was simply told he was "away" by her Uncle Thor. Nobody could bear ruin the pedestal the very young girl put her father on. When Loki was brought back to Asgard, he was allowed to see (Y/n) once more, under supervision of course, before he was kept in the prisons away from her.

"Father! Where have you been? I missed you so much!" She exclaimed, hugging him. She completely disregarded the chains he bore. "I missed you, too, my little flower." He smiled at her, brushing her crazed hair from her face. (Y/n) never did allow her hair to stay neat. "I don't have much time before I have to go away again. (Y/n), I want you to listen to me very carefully. No matter what may happen now or in the future, now matter what you learn, know that I always love you. You are the dearest thing to my heart. I'm not a good man, and I'm sorry I couldn't be more for you, but once you're older you'll come to realize there is more here then could ever be expressed in words. All you need to know is you'll always be my little flower." He promised her.

She nodded with a smile, not aware of the severity of the situation. "I love you, Father. No matter what." Oh, how he hoped that could be true. But he knew once she learned what he had done, she'd feel a great deal of disappointment. The guards were quick to separate Loki from his child, and take him to his cell. They couldn't stop him from sending her one last reassuring smile.

Much like her father, (Y/n) held a special connection with her grandmother, Frigga, so of course she asked her about it constantly.

"Where has Father gone?"
"What has he done?"
"Can I see him? When can I see him?"

Frigga never gave a straight answer, just reassured her it would all be okay. (Y/n) believed her. Until the elves attacked. Loki's greed still consumed him, and he still wished to be king. He thought he was sending the elves to Thor, away from his daughter's chambers. But he was wrong. The elves found (Y/n). They tried to question her about the aether, but of course being so shielded, she didn't understand what they wanted. She didn't know a thing. "Please! Please! I don't know what you speak of!" She was so scared as the elves grabbed her. For her lack of knowledge, the cruel Malekith killed the little girl. Thor, Odin, and Frigga were moments too late.

When the guard told Loki the news, he almost immediately snapped. He flipped things, threw them, screaming in agony. He cried and wailed angrily like that would somehow bring his daughter back. He knew he'd have to live the rest of his life knowing he'd failed her, that he'd lead them to her. By the time he'd sat against the wall, he was panting, bleeding, and crying. There aren't words to heal the broken heart, especially not one that's lost a child, especially not Loki's. Not when he was so sure it was his own fault.

~~🥀~~

"Thor, after all this time and now you come to visit me. Why? Have you come to gloat? To mock?" The illusion sneered. "Loki, enough. No more illusions." Loki's cell is transformed, the illusion lifted. Loki felt too weak to keep it up. Thor barely looked surprised at his brothers state. Everything has been thrown around and Loki sat on the floor, looking unkempt, miserable, in the corner of the cell. "Now you see me, brother." He said meekly, his voice raw with grief. Thor walked up to the other side of the cell to be closer to Loki. "Did she suffer?" Loki whispered, looking distractedly into the distance.

"I did not come here to share our grief. Instead I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament." Loki shook his head. "You do not share my grief." Was his simple reply. "You think I didn't love her as you did?" Thor snapped. Loki quickly grew angry. "No! No, you didn't love her as I did! No one loved her as I did! She wasn't your daughter, she was mine! You will never understand that pain, you imbecile! Never!" He screamed, releasing the pent up pain. He took a few breaths before replying in a broken voice once again. "There is a word for one who loses parents, a word for one who loses a spouse, but there is no word for one who loses a child. There is no greater pain then that."

Loki felt like a broken husk, a shallow form. He'd lost his light. Thor had never seen Loki so low. He wasn't sure he ever would. If he could go back, protect both of them from this, he would have. But the moment was gone, and there was a much greater threat. "I know you seek vengeance as much as I do. You help me escape Asgard and I will grant it to you, vengeance. And afterward, this cell." Loki chuckled humorlessly. "You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?"

"I don't. (Y/n) did." Loki looks him in the eye. "(Y/n) was only a child." He looked away. "A mere child." Thor kept pressing forward. "You should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you. You betray us, and believe that nothing can stop me from killing you." Loki knew deep down that nothing could bring (Y/n) back. His little flower had withered, and it left him nothing more then a terrible beast. But still, he wanted to avenge her. "Hmm. When do we start?"