Argument {Tony x Reader}

Another a short one, sorry. Also, feel free to leave requests, more creativity hits limits at times haha

(Y/n) P.O.V.

Another day, another fight. Everyone had finally agreed that the Accords were stupid, and now the Avengers were fighting against them together. We were all back at the tower, but things are still tense. Especially between my boyfriend, Tony and good friend, Steve. Today was especially bad. They were attacking each other where it hurt. I don't pay much attention from my spot on the couch, only hearing bits every now and then.

Coward

Fake

Mistakes

Sacrifices

I only pay attention when I hear, "I guess you haven't changed at all, Stark. You're still the same man who refuses to take responsibility for what you've done." They do their little silent stand off, then Tony leaves the room. "I don't understand how you deal with him sometimes. He's so arrogant and egotistical." Steve huffs, sitting next to me. If he thinks I'm on his side, he's got another thing coming.

I look off sadly in the direction Tony went. "No, Cap, he's not. You don't understand him the way I do. He works in his lab all day? He's not doing it to avoid us, or show off, or because he likes to. It's because he has this incessant need to make up for every one of his mistakes. Every one you still blame him for. He's even worse on himself, and you constantly saying things like that doesn't help." I finally snap my head towards Steve to glare at him.

"Imagine living everyday haunted by every bad choice you made. Imagine hearing the screaming of the innocent people you still blame yourself for, even when it wasn't really your fault. Imagine still being tormented by the pain and suffering you've endured every night when you close your eyes." I shake my head and look away again, seeing the surprise in Steve's eyes.

"Tony is the kindest, helpful, most hard working person I've ever met. I know you're still upset over the Accords, we all are, but they manipulated Tony and used his guilt against him. That wasn't fair. He does care about people, he does take responsibility for his actions. The way you see him is a front, and if that's all you see, you were clearly never his friend. He's not an asshole, he's a victim."

I leave the room, in the direction Tony went, letting Steve take in those words. I'm not sorry for a damn thing I said. Steve needed a reality check. I find Tony in our shared bedroom, staring out the window. He must have heard me approach because he says, "He's wrong. But I still let it get to me." Slowly, he turns and faces me. "No matter what I do, people still see me than a cocky, selfish, arrogant, bastard." He sounds frustrated, and broken.

I move closer to him, wrapping my arms around him. He reciprocates almost immediately. I hold his head, which is resting in the crook of my neck, with one hand, the other rubbing small circles on his back. "I don't see you that way, Tony. I know you. I know. And I love you. No matter what, I will always love you. You're a perfect man. The world could stand to have a few more Tony Starks in this world."

Even though I can't see it, I know he's smiling, if only a little. "They just don't understand, not yet. But they will. You shouldn't worry about what they think." Tony lifts his head up, allowing me to look into his warm brown eyes. "As long as you still love me, I must be doing something right." I give him a little smile. "You always were." I catch his lips with mine for a short, sweet kiss. "Come on, let's let these guys simmer in their pettiness and go get some food."