Y/n's dad chimed in, "I'd hope so! We raised her to be." 

Iida smiled and nodded his head, "Truly, there's no need to fret. L/n made an impressively brilliant impression on my family."

Y/n's dad looked at her, "Good."

Similarly to the day before, Y/n's parents shot questions at Iida like an interrogation, which he answered with excellent proficiency. Impressed with his answers, her parents certainly approved of the boy in front of them. By the time the lightning round of questions was completed, Mrs. L/n went to the kitchen to prepare for that night's dinner. 

"Would you like any help in the kitchen Mrs. L/n?" 

"Oh no need, relax!" She turned towards her daughter, "Bring him to the living room and turn something on." 

Y/n did as she was requested, but Iida couldn't take not helping, "Please, I would love to help."

"Alright," She gave in, "Could you fill that pot with a bit of salt and water?" 

"Certainly. Should I turn the heat on?" 

"Medium-high, please!" He did as he was told, and Mrs. L/n was pleased with his chivalrous behavior. 

"Is there anything else I could do to help?" One task at a time, she gave him things to do, each of them being completed perfectly. Once she ran out of jobs for him to do, she sent him to the living room with y/n, but quickly called her daughter into the kitchen. 

Her mother whispered, "You said he was proper, but oh my! He's- so respectful! He'd make a good husband..." 

"Mom! I told you, he's just a project partner!"

"But he could be a different kind of partner!"

"I'm going back to the living room." Y/n's mom smiled and let her go. 

She sat on the couch next to Iida but with a decent distance between them. Her dad rested on a separate armchair, watching the television ahead of him. 

Iida then turned toward y/n, "Are you an only child, l/n?"

"Uh, yeah, I am," She confirmed. 

"I had no idea."

"Well, you couldn't have known... We haven't really talked much."

"I guess that is true." 

A couple of minutes passed of spotty conversation and the house filled up with the smell of a classic Sunday dinner, spaghetti and meatballs. 

"Dinner's ready!" Both y/n and her dad got up to grab their servings, but Iida sat confused for a second.

Y/n saw and remembered how everything was always there for him, "Come on," She pointed her head toward the direction of the food. Quickly, he grabbed his plate and followed her, and took note of how this all worked. Y/n's family didn't always do it this way, but on days when her parents were lazy, they kept the food around the stove and let everybody serve themselves. 

When they all grabbed their portions, they sat down and dressed it as they pleased, finally eating after doing so. Y/n took heavily after her dad in the way she looked and how she was built, but a gene she inherited from him that she didn't like was the habit of basically inhaling food like a vacuum. Knowing this, she tried her absolute best to hold back because Iida was over - still slightly shoveling pasta into her mouth by twirling more on her utensil. 

When she was done with her portion of spaghetti and meatballs, she would normally grab seconds. But to avoid the guest thinking that she was [in her mind] "a giant pig," she left it at that and went only slightly unsatisfied.