-

I hanged up the call

I hanged up the call. Man! These people are impossible. Now they will not steal a single chance to trouble us, I need to be alert. Can't take risk. Keeping the phone back in the pocket, I turned around only to find Shri looking at me expressionlessly... this made me tensed. Maybe she heard me talking on the phone. Did she find out who was on the other side of the call???

Without wasting any time, I went near her and...

~~~

~Manjiri's Pov~

~Manjiri's Pov~

"Nothing feels right when you are not happy inside..."

I took a sigh of relief when Shaurya picked up the file from the desk placed just next to me... Thank God!

But to my surprise he came towards me and stood right in front of me. Seeing him coming closer,I automatically took a few steps behind. And guess what? He was still staring at me with his serious eyes. I should have left the room as soon as I saw him, I mentally scolded myself for not doing so..

"Sometimes a little carelessness can cause a great loss. Keep this in the mind."

He suddenly broke the silence and stated this in a rough tone making me look up at him with my wide eyes. What is he saying? About what is he talking. No sooner did I look up at him than his eyes wandered from my hands to my eyes. I quickly averted my gaze and looked down.

Why do I get nervous around him? An unknown sensation ran throughout my body, my heart started beating faster as I gulped nervously.

He took a few steps back and pointed somewhere with his hand. I slowly turned my neck towards the direction to which he was pointing. He states,

"There is a water-based lotion in the second drawer. Apply it on the burn area and then cover it with the help of a sterile bandage."

He continued after getting no response from side,

"Am I audible to you?"

What! Is he kidding me? Am I part of any Zoom meeting? Audible...huh! Then I realized that I was the only one who didn't respond to him, it's my mistake. I immediately nodded my head a bit awkwardly...How awkward is this situation...God help me please. He was observing my every action, or can say every reaction very carefully.

After receiving my response and staring me for a while, he took out keys from his pocket. And with that he was out of the room. Well that was weird. I sighed while thinking about what all happened in the last 10 minutes. Uff!!!

-

"Lack of communication leaves too much room for the imagination..."

A sweet known voice came from behind, I turned around and looked at the owner of that sweet voice... Not wanting this to turn more awkward, I opened my mouth to speak. But before I could say anything she came and took my hand in her hands gently and we exchanged a warm smile. But all of a sudden, unknowingly my eyes started welling up. Seeing my moist eyes, she kissed my forehead and said,

"Beta, I can understand your insecurities very well... But remember just like the moon, we humans also go through phases. And my dear this is also a phase..."

After taking a sigh and thinking something, Chhoti Maa continued

"Don't think at all that you have been forced on Shaurya or on all of us.... You're here because I wanted you to be here, we all wanted. Moreover it was Jamuna Aunty's, your Dadi's last wish too, so it had to happen. Therefore trust the timing of life events my dear, it has a reason.

I know you need some time to open up, even my Shaurya takes time to open up with strangers.... He talks less. But this does not mean that he doesn't respect or care for others. Let me tell you if needed he can even give his life just for the sake of his loved ones. He's is the most responsible person you can ever see. He always fulfills his responsibilities well. And I'm damn sure that he'll prove to be a good husband. If not on him, you can trust my upbringing.

I understand that it isn't easy for you to adjust in these sudden changes soon after your Dadi's demise.... But beta, the fall of a single star can never darken the whole sky... Therefore start cherishing the ones that stick around you when you don't even want to be around yourself."

I could see tears streaming down her face. I felt so bad that I'm the reason behind her tears. I don't know what came to my mind, but all of sudden I took Maa in my arms.

After a few minutes she calmed herself and talked about something serious.

"Beta as you know your wedding was an intimate affair, very few people were invited. And now when everyone else comes to know about this news, people will start spreading rumours. Hope you are understanding what I'm trying to say....

Therefore, we have to decide a date for your reception party... but only if you are comfortable with it."

Did I hear right?

Reception???.............

~~~

This is it for now. Hope you liked it. I am sorry for the mistakes.

In case if you want to share your views or suggest something, you are more than welcome.

Do vote this chap.

Till then take care and stay connected. Love ♥️✨