😳-You Don't Want to Leave

Character- Present Mic

Warning: Some angst (maybe?)
_______________________________________

It was a special night. I wanted to make sure was perfect. This was the first date with (Y/n), my wife, since we spill up. We have been separated for a couple months. For a long time, I would neglect (Y/n) and her needs, saying she was being too needy or clingy. We always fought and screamed at one other.

I use to think she never supported me or was there for me. One day, when I came home, I found that she left me a note that read,

"You give everyone your best, but I just get what's left. I shouldn't be a leftover to you."

It wasn't until she moved out that I realized the situation and how bad it was. I finally knew that I could loss her. After the separation, I started seeking therapy. I later learned that (Y/n) was also seeking therapy. It wasn't long before the two of us seeing each other in therapy. It wasn't easy in the beginning. But tears was shred and resentment was given, however, soon there was reconciliation between us again.

During this whole process, I was falling in love with (Y/n) again. I finally was developing the right communication skills to fix this marriage. But, (Y/n) wanted to take things slow for now. I had no problem with that request. Tonight, I had invited (Y/n) for dinner just to talk and catch up on recent things. I started working on my cooking after the separation, so I decided to make one of (Y/n)'s favorite foods. I double checked everything. The food, the wine, the table. I exhaled. Everything was perfect.

I perked up when I heard a knock at the door. I quickly looked in the hallway mirror. I was in my best suit-n-tie. My hair was brushed and pulled back. I walked over to the door and opened it. I felt a little blush paint my face as I was greeted by (Y/n)'s smiled.

"Hey. Come in." I greeted, welcoming he inside.

"Hi, Hizashi." She greeted back.

I closed the door and gently took (Y/n)'s coat out, revealing a dress I bought her awhile.

"I didn't think you still had that." I said.

"Why wouldn't I? It's a nice dress." She explained.

I lead her to the table and sat her down, pushing her in.

"You made this?" She asked as she looked at her plate.

"I did. I, uh, I started working on my cooking for a bit." I said.

She smiled and started eating.

________

"I can't believe you still remember that story." (Y/n) laughed.

"Of course. That's a favorite for me." I teased.

"Ugh, that story is so embarrassing." She groaned.

"Anyway, did you enjoy your dinner?" I asked.

"I did. It was delicious." She answered.

I just smiled. I felt my smile fade away for a minute. I looked up to her.

"Sweetheart?"

"Yeah?"

"Listen, I know that these past few months have been a little rough for the two of us. But, I'm happy. I'm happy that we are working on our relationship. It's nice seeing you smile and laugh again. Shit, I haven't heard you laugh like that in, what a year almost.....But, I'm glad we're working on things together." I said.

She smiled, gently grabbing one of my hands.

"Me too. I'm glad we're working on this together. It's nice to see you smile and laugh too. You really have changed for the better, Hizashi, and I'm happy to see that." She replied. I smiled.