7 | Dealbreakers

(please don't forget to comment and vote. thank you so much for all the support)

➵➵➵

"I hate busy parties. All the music's way too loud. Feel like nobody can see me. But you hold me in the crowd"

~ Matter to You (Only Child)

HANNAH

My heart picked up its pace with each step that took me closer to Matthew's place. Chloe had been excited to help me with my plans for today while I gave her every detail about last night. We had packed everything into my car before I left. I had parked in the lot near his building. When I finally reached his spot on foot, I let out a shuddering breath, trying to get rid of my ridiculous nerves. Then, I shot him a text.

Hey, I'm right outside if you're ready.

It didn't take him long to respond.

I'll be right out.

He was walking out of the front door within seconds. He wore black sweats and a pale yellow hoodie. His curly brown hair reflected in the sun, bringing out his hazel eyes.

"Sweats, huh?" I questioned as he got closer.

I was only joking, and he seemed to go along with it. "You did say to wear what I wear on a normal Saturday, and this is it." Then his eyes took me in, looking me from head to toe in such slow fashion that I gulped. My heart hammered in my chest when he looked back up to me with that look in his eyes. "You're in leggings."

I nodded. "This is how I look on Saturdays, too."

"Hmm, so you look gorgeous on Saturdays, too."

He was smiling, so I almost took his words as a joke. But there was that way he was looking at me. It was all intense and alluring. He looked at me as if all of his attention was all on me and me alone. It made my heart want to jump out of my chest, and whether that was to run away or get closer to him, I don't know. It was that look that made me realize he was serious. But I didn't want to dwell on it too much, or my throat might dry up. So, I let out a laugh instead. "Look who's talking."

He put his hands in his pockets, his eyes quizzical. "What do you mean?"

I could feel my hands sweating. "Well, you said I look gorgeous even on Saturdays."

He nodded, not a hint of playfulness in his features. He almost looked confused. "You do." He said it as a fact, something as simple as two plus two equals four.

"Right, which, thank you," I almost stammered when he flashed me a small smile but forced myself to continue, "But you look like you just walked out of some GQ magazine or something. We are not the same."

He leaned in a little. "Are you insinuating I look better than you?"

I nodded, and he started laughing. "What's so funny?"

"I just realized I didn't know you wore glasses," he shrugged.

My eyebrows knitted together. "I don't."

"Well, that's even worse. You need glasses, Hannah."

"Wha-no, I don't. I have 20/20 vision!"

He pursed his lips for a moment. "When was your last check-up?"

"Like six months ago. But I don't need glasses."

He chuckled. "You said that already. Did this doctor graduate from an accredited medical school?"